Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Camp oven

  1. #16
    270 King of the Calibres oraki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    CSI Flatlander
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I was thinking what comes out and into your food......if that's a risk?
    Na, you worry not that about. Affected has me not, years one and ok I'm.
    veitnamcam, Scouser and Gibo like this.

  2. #17
    Numzane Spudattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Don't forget the recipe/cook book in this thread http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...ook-book-1929/
    I get a lot of my recipes off this site.

    http://www.potjiekosworld.com/

    A potjie is the same as the camp oven just a slightly different shape.

    Aluminium is fine, just won't hold the heat as well as cast iron.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

  3. #18
    Semper excretia Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    I get a lot of my recipes off this site.

    Potjiekos World

    A potjie is the same as the camp oven just a slightly different shape.

    Aluminium is fine, just won't hold the heat as well as cast iron.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @Spudattack

  4. #19
    Numzane Spudattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Fuckin' hell!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

  5. #20
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    19,721

  6. #21
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Pure gibberish. Could make out 'ingredients' though.
    Gibo likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  7. #22
    Numzane Spudattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Pure gibberish. Could make out 'ingredients' though.
    I'd be worried if you could understand that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ryan and Gibo like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

  8. #23
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    I'd be worried if you could understand that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did have some SA rellies.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,400
    I have one, but i still want one with legs

    the older ones are nicer but theres nothing wrong with the cheepies from either the warehouse/hunting and fishing shops

    just take it out of the box at the shop and make sure you are happy with how the lid fits, better yet check them all and pick the best fitting one
    the just take the time to season it properly and youll be away running

    If you wash your cast iron cookware with anything other than hot water just know we cant be friends

    do you know the size your after?
    the aluminum ones are pretty good i hear but they are really expensive and hard to come by
    aluminum its self isnt the most ideal cook surface but the amount you will be ingesting is so small its not even worth talking about, and you dont need to season them aparently

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    852
    Cast Iron Pot Size 3 - Vol 7.8L

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    I have one, but i still want one with legs

    the older ones are nicer but theres nothing wrong with the cheepies from either the warehouse/hunting and fishing shops

    just take it out of the box at the shop and make sure you are happy with how the lid fits, better yet check them all and pick the best fitting one
    the just take the time to season it properly and youll be away running

    If you wash your cast iron cookware with anything other than hot water just know we cant be friends

    do you know the size your after?
    the aluminum ones are pretty good i hear but they are really expensive and hard to come by
    aluminum its self isnt the most ideal cook surface but the amount you will be ingesting is so small its not even worth talking about, and you dont need to season them aparently
    gadgetman and Bill999 like this.

  11. #26
    Member ROKTOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    929
    @Cody.a Did you get a camp oven sorted, just came across these online.
    Appear to be good prices. Didn't look into freight costs though.
    https://www.caravancamping.co.nz/Our...RE/CAMP-OVENS/

  12. #27
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    690
    Superior springs in Lower Hutt make the aluminium ones.

  13. #28
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    19,207
    The ally ones are ok but heat up and cool down quicker so it is easyer to burn stuff if cooking on an open fire where your heat tends to vary.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  14. #29
    Member outdoorlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,554
    I picked an Ali one up in the states, it's been anodised on the inside.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

  15. #30
    Member Willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    hamilton
    Posts
    547
    [QUOTE=Bill999;602433]I have one, but i still want one with legs
    So Oskar Pestorius version not allowed?
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. setting up camp
    By northdude in forum Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-02-2016, 01:32 PM
  2. Camp talk
    By HNTMAD in forum Hunting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2016, 06:16 PM
  3. Some camp food
    By Toby in forum Game Cooking and Recipes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-06-2013, 09:07 AM
  4. Autumn Camp
    By gadgetman in forum Off topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 09:48 PM
  5. Lodge camp cookware
    By rob270 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-02-2013, 11:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!