Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 6x47
  • 1 Post By 6x47

Thread: Canam Outlander 650 Quad- Rare Opportunity

Canam Outlander 650 Quad- Rare Opportunity

Due to my cutting loose on a new side-by-side at Fieldays, this mint quad is now up for sale.

Details:
    2014 Can-am Outlander 650 XT
    Genuine 1880km / 209 total hours!!
    Serviced by local agent from day one

Hand on heart, this quad is mint and there are -zero- issues with it. You will never find another one so mint with such low kms- nearly all of that vintage have done at least 15,000km, most far more. Anyone who knows me is aware I really look after gear, and this is no exception.
    It still has the original factory tyres so this will give you an idea as to how much work it has(n't) done.

The engine is a pearler- 62 hp fuel-injected V-twin so it tows anything with ease. Starts and runs as well as the day it was bought. Comes with two keys- there is a low-tune one in case you want to keep the kids or staff under control..

The dual range two/four transmission is super smooth and has incredible engine braking. In low four, you can point it down a very steep hill and take your hands off the bars and it will hold easily as it descends. There is variable-assist power steering so maneouvering in tight stuff is dead easy.

You will see I have added custom options to the rear deck. I didn't like the perforated std deck so built a 12mm ply deck that still accommodates the removable perimeter factory rail. This ended up never being used as I made up a bigger ply deck that clips over the first one and is anchored very securely with the turnbuckle/strap. It takes under 4 mins to swap over. I have often carried two deer on this deck ( with a mate sitting on the front edge) and even then, you can still get another deer on the front rack.

The front box with two rifle racks doesn't come with it, well not at that price. It owes me roughly $400 + time but I could possibly be persuaded to part with it for say $200.

You will see the suspension is super clean with no corrosion and the shocks are perfect. It has never had cowshit or heavy mud left on it to cause corrosion.

The seat is as it came with a heavy-duty canvas cover so it will be mint underneath.

Asking price $7200 and I'm pretty firm on this as a dealer has offered me $6400 and we all know it'll be a lot more by the time it hits the showroom floor. Would suit a new buyer in reality. I thought I'd offer it to the crew here and if it doesn't sell, I'd put it on TM but be asking more.

PM me if you have any queries.
    Last edited by 6x47; 17-06-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Sarvo likes this.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Damn that's good buying. Bugger that I'm at the other end of the country...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

damn i wish i had a valid reason for needing one rather than just a toy!!

not sure the wife would be happy me spending my holiday pay on it .much better condition than my 500 and its fast enough without going up in cc. its a bargain price i paid 3.5k for mine thats 7 years older with a few battle scars and ripped seat and 14000kms more on the clock.

Sold guys
    Gotta be quick round here.
    tetawa likes this.