Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Carbon model 7 stock

  1. #1
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048

    Carbon model 7 stock

    I'm preemptively looking for a carbon fibre stock for the remington model 7 I'm buying, I'd probably consider fibreglass too, just want something with a wider barrel channel to give me options if I rebarrel and also lighter than laminate but more rigid than the factory plastic stock which I've heard can misbehave if using a bipod. Anything considered at this point, but I am, after all, a cheapskate

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    3,022
    There is a lightweight stock for a mod 7 at Gunworks
    dannyb likes this.
    'Bother' said Pooh, as he chambered another round ... Wong Far King Way

  3. #3
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    There is a lightweight stock for a mod 7 at Gunworks
    I checked their website earlier but didn't see anything, I'll try giving them a ring, cheers
    dannyb likes this.

  4. #4
    Not even Banned ow dannyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Oxford, North Canterbury
    Posts
    3,853
    I'm probably heading there Monday to pick up a rifle let me know if you want a pic or 2 ?
    #DANNYCENT

  5. #5
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I'm probably heading there Monday to pick up a rifle let me know if you want a pic or 2 ?
    That'd be great thanks. @Moa Hunter what brand and material is it?
    dannyb likes this.

  6. #6
    Not even Banned ow dannyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Oxford, North Canterbury
    Posts
    3,853
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    That'd be great thanks. @Moa Hunter what brand and material is it?
    I suspect it will be a Mcmillan and fiberglass
    #DANNYCENT

  7. #7
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I suspect it will be a Mcmillan and fiberglass
    That's sounding pretty good

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    That'd be great thanks. @Moa Hunter what brand and material is it?
    Probably as dannyb writes. I just glanced it and gave it a lift.
    'Bother' said Pooh, as he chambered another round ... Wong Far King Way

  9. #9
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    I rang Gunworks but they had nothing for the model 7 apparently, must have been too slow.

  10. #10
    Not even Banned ow dannyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Oxford, North Canterbury
    Posts
    3,853
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I rang Gunworks but they had nothing for the model 7 apparently, must have been too slow.
    Yeah I was in there yesterday chasing it up for you, they only had rem 700 long action stocks
    #DANNYCENT

  11. #11
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Yeah I was in there yesterday chasing it up for you, they only had rem 700 long action stocks
    I appreciate it, I'm sure something will come along
    dannyb likes this.

  12. #12
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    bump

  13. #13
    GWH
    GWH is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    3,553
    Look at getting one of the ultra light stocks from Wildcat Composites in Canada.

    They have a very thin fibreglass shell with a fibreglass rib up the centre too. Then filled with a dense but very light weight foam.

    Crazy light and very stiff.

    I picked this one up 2nd hand off here a while back. It was too long in length of pull for me and made worse by having a limbsaver on it too.

    Ive shortened it up to be a more standard length and fitted a very light weight microcell recoil pad.

    The new recoil pad is 48 grams after grinding to fit.

    This stock just needs to be finished sanding down and repainted now. The barrel is a 24" Rem 700 barrel.

    I'd be keen to get another couple of these stocks.





    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Bill999 likes this.

  14. #14
    Member tommygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Look at getting one of the ultra light stocks from Wildcat Composites in Canada.

    They have a very thin fibreglass shell with a fibreglass rib up the centre too. Then filled with a dense but very light weight foam.

    Crazy light and very stiff.

    I picked this one up 2nd hand off here a while back. It was too long in length of pull for me and made worse by having a limbsaver on it too.

    Ive shortened it up to be a more standard length and fitted a very light weight microcell recoil pad.

    The new recoil pad is 48 grams after grinding to fit.

    This stock just needs to be finished sanding down and repainted now. The barrel is a 24" Rem 700 barrel.

    I'd be keen to get another couple of these stocks.





    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I could be interested in adding one for me to the order from Canada if you're going to do that, and splitting the shipping cost with you? How much do they work out at landed, roughly?

  15. #15
    Member Mathias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Posts
    3,274
    @tommygun if you dont mind a wait contact Cam at Alpine Precision for a Manners. Best looking Mod 7 stock I've seen.

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Lightweight (carbon) Model 7 Stock
    By craigc in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-05-2020, 06:14 AM
  2. FS: Model 7 7mm saum carbon stock
    By PerazziSC3 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-11-2018, 06:02 AM
  3. WTB: Model 7 carbon stock
    By PerazziSC3 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
  4. WTB: Model 7 Carbon Stock
    By Gibo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-10-2016, 12:36 PM
  5. FS: Carbon fibre model 7 stock, suppressor
    By Ryan_Songhurst in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-05-2016, 12:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!