Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coote

Thread: Cast Bullet Engineering Brass Moulds for 357 magnum - 38 special.

Cast Bullet Engineering Brass Moulds for 357 magnum - 38 special.

I have two near-new brass moulds to sell. One is for a 140 grain conical nosed semiwadcutter type bullet with a plain base, the other makes 185 grain swc bullets but with a bulkier front end, and it is designed to have a gas check fitted if desired. These are both double cavity moulds. Their catalogue numbers on the Cast Bullet Engineering site are: 358-140SWCPB and 359-185SWCGC.

I'm selling the mould blocks (complete with sprue plate) only. I need the handles for my other moulds. I have KAL handles (supplied by CBE), but I understand that RCBS and the Lee 6-cavity handles should fit these blocks.

These moulds are a lot more expensive than Lee moulds, but they are heirloom quality. I've decided that I don't need so many moulds. I want to simplify, de-clutter and to be able to keep my rifles sighted in for just one or two bullets.

I'm hoping to recover a decent portion of the money I spent on these. They cost around NZ $195 each set (including modest shipping costs). Each set of blocks has only been used for one casting session of a few hundred bullets.

I can send them by standard post to NZ addresses for $110 each. If you buy both sets to go to one address it will be $210 total.

Up until recently I had only used Lee aluminium moulds... which can make great bullets. They are relatively easy to use. When I got my first brass mould I was concerned that the process of casting with them could be complicated. It wasn't. Once the moulds were up to temperature they were excellent. The bullets drop out with relative ease. I decided not to hit them with a stick to shake the bullets out, I just open the sprue cutter with a gloved hand, then open the moulds quickly and often the bullets fall out without any extra help. Sometimes I will push them loose with a gloved finger if necessary.

Micky Duck likes this.

@Coote pm sent 185gn mold

185 grain mould is sold. Thank you !

So the 140 grain mould is still available. If you are lusting after it, but don't want to pay the asking price, perhaps we can do a swap or work something out. I will probably never use it again, so it would just be sitting on the shelf. The projectiles I cast in this mould actually weighed around 146 grains. Feel free to send me a private message.