Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Classic Tikka Scope Rings - 1" diameter, 12mm height, Satin Nickel Finish

These may be of interest for someone with an older Tikka if it has the same style scope mount as the current T3 models.

Although they will work on the current T3, I am suggesting that they would look better on a classic Tikka.

New retail packaging which I opened to verify the height and take some photos to compare side-by-side with the current T3 aluminium factory rings . . . which a lot of people are skeptical about.

Classic rings set = 91g
    Current T3 rings set = 61g

I am not an expert in metallurgy but these Classic rings could be steel just going by feel, sound and weight.

You can see that the packaging is marked LOW but I measured the height at 12mm which is the same as the current T3 factory rings and the same as the Warne 1TS Medium rings made for the T3. It looks like there would be about 3-4mm clearance between the barrel and the objective bell on a 40mm dia scope if you mounted these on a current model T3 - which I own and have Warne medium rings on.

Offers over $20 - and post a photo on the forum with these mounted on a classic / older model Tikka.

I will be back in NZ in early December and will send them to someone the week of the 10th.

Name:  Sako-Tikka_ScopeMounts.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  354.7 KBName:  Sako-Tikka_ScopeMounts1.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  430.5 KBName:  Sako-Tikka_ScopeMounts3.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  456.4 KBName:  Sako-Tikka_ScopeMounts4.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  407.2 KBName:  Sako-Tikka_ScopeMounts5.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  443.8 KB
    In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when conserved by the sportsman. The excellent people who protest against all hunting, and consider sportsmen as enemies of wildlife are wholly ignorant of the fact that in reality the genuine sportsman is by all odds the most important factor in keeping wild creatures from total extinction.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Are the rings on the left of the second photo the "crappy" tikka rings you now get? I've got a T3 Hunter and it came with the ones your selling
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

they also fit CZ527s FYI

Ill give you $21 for them quite happily

Ok, send me a PM with your contact info and I will send you the rings when I get back.

The early bird catches the worm or something like that !

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Are the rings on the left of the second photo the "crappy" tikka rings you now get? I've got a T3 Hunter and it came with the ones your selling
    Yes, the rings on the left in the second photo came off a Tikka T3 Lite SS with synthetic stock.

I have a spare set if anyone on the Forum wants them - the "12 mm" writing is in pencil that came be rubbed off - $10 for postage in December ?

Also found some used rings and bases - excellent condition.
    Leupold Rifleman model 55860 aluminium Medium rings
    Leupold Rifleman model 55890 aluminium bases
    These fit Remington 700, Howa 1500, Weatherby Vanguard etc.

Do some research on the web and send me a PM if interested. I had them on a Vanguard that I sold a few years ago.

ha. awesome