Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cooper Rifles Group Buy

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar

Cooper Rifles Group Buy

OK, so I started a thread about wanting a nice bolt action 22LR (see below) and its evloved to this...

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...=1040#post1040

I have often looked at Coopers, but was put off by the though of having to go through the export/import process. Sneeze has offered to co-ordinate this process as he has done it all before, so we are thinking about the possibility of trying to put together a decent order to spread the costs.

If people are interested in putting together a group buy for some Cooper rimfires, please indicate your interest in this thread. Things you need to know:

1. Probably looking at 6 months plus from order to delivery, especially if people want something a little different. You can order a standard rifle, or something custom. The total order will be shipped together (unless it makes sense to break into 2 orders) so the delivery time will be as long as it takes to make all that is ordered.

2. These aren't cheap rifles... So we will have to organise for some sort of deposit etc to ensure that we aren't left with unpaid balances... For example, they start at $1,400 USD roughly, add to this a portion of the export permit (say $50USD if 5 are ordered), plus 10% for the exporter, plus 2% credit card fees plus a little bit for shipping. So you are looking at $1,650 USD. At 70 cents conversion, plus 15% GST that equates to $2,700 NZD starting price...

So, go to the Cooper website and have a look if the above hasn't scared you... http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

I'm thinking a LVT, or maybe a Jackon Squirrel Rifle, or maybe even a Jackson Hunter...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

I'll be in for this.

We should probably have a close off date?Im in no hurry and christmas is looming so what ever you guys think.When we get an idea of who wants what I can get a more accurate price and a rough time frame.

I'm in. Looking pretty seriously at the custom classic.

I like the idea but im spending too much on my car atm to do both and hunting has taken a back step for now. But Im allways on the look out for good deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I'm in. Looking pretty seriously at the custom classic.
    heh i cant even decide between rim or center fire yet,do like the jackson game/varmint though.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

Kiwishooter
    How is this group buy going? or did it die.

I have imported a few Coopers for myself, take a look at this thread. http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...41/index3.html
    Gimp since you are in Dunedin pm me if you want to handle one.......Kiwi

I'm thinking of selling my 22mag and getting a 22hornet, mainly for the effectiveness to 150m and being quite a bit more powerfull... hmmmm this seems tempting........ i need some more photos etc though
    northdude likes this.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwishooter View Post
    How is this group buy going? or did it die.

I have imported a few Coopers for myself, take a look at this thread. http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...41/index3.html
    Gimp since you are in Dunedin pm me if you want to handle one.......Kiwi
    Hasn't gone anywhere at this point... Please don't post anymore pictures of Coopers, it has the potential to be very bad for my stretched bank balance...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Hasn't gone anywhere at this point... Please don't post anymore pictures of Coopers, it has the potential to be very bad for my stretched bank balance...
    ha ,postem if ya gotem boys bit of payback for those premier pics you keep putting up.

Im still happy to play

Kiwishooter
    Who did you buy off and who handled the export from the US for your rifles? thats a nice jackson btw even if the bolt is on the wrong side.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    thats a nice jackson btw even if the bolt is on the wrong side.
    AAHHEEEMMM

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    AAHHEEEMMM
    Why..... weeeee Bobby, you sayin you're a cack hander?

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Why..... weeeee Bobby, you sayin you're a cack hander?
    Left dominant eye... Naturally picked up the rifle left handed as a kid too...

Im right handed tried and true tho

My ol man was funny like that, right handed with everything except golf, which is a pain as his clubs are of no use to me.

Kiwishooter
    wouldn't dream of posting anymore pics...........well just one or two, don't mind enabling others.

Model 57M Classic in 22WMR.

Model 21 Classic in 223 Rem

English Walnut stock that is now wearing a Cooper Model 21 chambered in 20VT.

The company I used to export the Coopers doesn't do it anymore, all the Coopers I've bought have been used ones, usually at a really good price.

Kiwi