Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shelley

Thread: Custom knife sale

Custom knife sale

So I am selling off some custom knives I have made but are sitting around, they are all new but some have a few blemishes which I will describe, hence the cheap price, they all come with my lifelong sharpening service, basically send it back to me and I will sharpen it and send it back.

Knife one:
    Name:  IMG_2434.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  2.02 MB
    This is a very handy classic drop point knife, 3mm O1 tool steel hardened to rockwell 59 C, black vulcanised liners with a kwila wood handle, held in place with brass and stainless loveless bolts with a stainless lanyard tube. Comes with a kydex sheath with very positive retention, the sheath has a horizontal carry system but can easily be adapted to vertical carry. I have just been sharpened the saber grind blade to 60,000 grit with my new sharpening system, meaning its extremely sharp.
    This is a great little camp knife, perfect for both skinning and general camp chores, light to carry and comfortable in the hand.
    Has a few minors marks on the leather belt straps.
    $75 including shipping.

Knife two:
    Name:  IMG_2435.jpg
Size:  2.16 MB
    Very popular little neck knife, used by a couple of NZ's more prominent youtube hunters, this one was going to be mine, but needs must so out it goes. 3mm O1 tool steel blade, saber ground drop point, sharpened to 60,000 grit, 59 C Rockwell, comes in a hunters orange kydex sheath with matching lanyard, orange G10 liners with micarta handles, camo paracord internal weave for extra grip in the wet, jumping on back of blade.
    I have left the forging/tempering marks on the blade as I like the look and it protects the blade from rust but this could easily be removed with some wet and dry sandpaper if you prefer the shiny look.
    Light and damn handy as either a back up blade or for someone who likes to go minimalist.
    These normally sell for $75, this ones is $50 shipped.

Knife three:
    Name:  IMG_2433.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  2.27 MB
    Slightly oddball skinning knife, small 90 mm drop point blade made from 4mm thick O1 tool steel with a rockwell C of 59, the 80mm handle is kwila on copper on green g10 liners, held in place with copper loveless bolts, the handle is smooth and ergonomic, very comfortable, the humpback blade is designed to aid in skinning, the edge has a mirror bevel sharpened to 60,000 grit and is absolute stunner!
    Comes in a leather sheath with a belt loop.
    Very easy to use and carry, about as far away from a tactical knife as you can get, will handle food prep own camp as well as skinning or butchering.
    $60 including shipping.

Knife four:
    Name:  IMG_2436.jpg
Size:  2.04 MB
    Small sheepsfoot or wharncliff blade, 4mm tool steel, 59 C Rockwell, the 65mm long straight edge is a scandi bevel, sharpened to about 4,000 grit on Japanese water stones, very strong and easy to sharpen, kwila wood handle with brass corby bolt and stainless lanyard tube, leather sheath.
    This one is used, although restored, I used it in the shop to cut leather until I got some proper leather tools, its been dropped a few times and the handle has some cracks in it, I have taken out the worst of the dings but there is a crack line there, I don't think it will get worse, but if it does send it back and I will replace the handle. I absolutely love this knife very handy blade and inoffensive looking, one of the first I ever made.
    $25 including shipping.

Knife five:
    Name:  IMG_2437.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  1.75 MB
    Organic mini cleaver - if a 15 cm blade can be called mini, intended as a cheese knife but will do way more than cut cheese, 3mm O1 tool steel blade with a rockwell hardness of 60, has 12 degree bevels sharpened to 60,000 grit makes it an insane chopper or slicer, this one has curves everywhere, a bit like Dolly Parton. The Ebony wood handle has G10 white liners and is held in place with copper pins and loveless bolts, with a stainless lanyard tube in case you want to hang this on a hook.
    I has intended this one as a personal kitchen knife, and as such there are a few marks on it that I was not worried about (I made two and gave away the good one to the person who gave me the ebony).
    However its an amazing knife to use and the ebony is stunning to look at.
    No sheath.
    $125 shipped.

All knives were professionally heat treated and double tempered in a vacuum furnace.

I sharpen knives (and scissors), make kydex sheaths and make custom knives.
    Shelley 021727546
    oxfarmer likes this.

I'll take the little neck knife if it's still available

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    I'll take the little neck knife if it's still available
    All yours mate, pm incoming.

Wharnclife sold too.

I'll take knife 1 if it is still there

No 1 sold to Ben.

All gone.