Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Carpe Diem

Thread: Custom Remington 700 300 Win Mag

Custom Remington 700 300 Win Mag

Hi All,
    Thought I'd give the forum the chance to have first bite of the cherry on this one and offer for quite a bit less than other spots.

This is my rifle that I used at last years Toby Shoot and appears as one of Doc Watson's video stars
    I'm after 3K firm for this - so if you're interested lets talk!

Name:  IMG_1896.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  2.13 MB

Custom Remington 700 Package Ė
    All set to go.. you add the optic.
    (note: the Harris bipod is not included as pictured but everything else on table is)

This is a Rifle package for those that have been thinking about getting into long range shooting for some time but havenít had the time to get it together.

The rifle is a full floated and bedded Customised Remington 700, with work completed by top-notch gunsmith Scott Trail from SSRNZ.

It is a Blueprinted and tweaked Remington 700 receiver.
    Worked competition level trigger set to 1.5 lbs
    Criterion heavy contour barrel 1:11, fluted and with extra-long throat for seating projectiles optimally.
    Ergo-Long bolt handle to assist in cycling rounds
    ASE Ultra 5/8x24 thread 300 cal suppressor
    HS precision stock with magazine
    20 MOA Weaver rail and 30mm tactical rings (6 bolt)

For the reloader:
    A set of Lee Dies (including neck sizing die)
    Collection of 208 Amax, 208 ELD-M, 195 and 175 Berger VLD projectiles
    Brass is predominately Norma 50+ 2x fired, plus various Federal and Hornady

I have loads for 208,195 and 175 grain projectiles that all go exceptionally well in this rifle. It seems to like just about everything you feed it, giving you great options.

This is a 0.25- 0.5 MOA shooter all day long and incredibly accurate right out to extreme ranges where Iíve shot out to 2 km accurately in competition with this.

Donít believe me Ė watch the video
    https://youtu.be/Np9GCFbLZ_Q
    (warning- contains a review of the rifle alongside actual performance & animal harvesting)

Delivery at buyers expense, but suggested through the firearms dealer network would be likely best unless local- which I can personally deliver. Of course all relevant online paperwork must be filed for sale via Police or valid firearms license presented in person for pick up.
    dogmatix and Monk like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

How does the can handle the win mag?
    Warm Barrels!

No problem - its a real heavy can the ASE ultra - but as Doc says... the whole rig is heavy. I believe there's a video of this can style on the barrel of a belt fed GPMG doing destruction testing so they're made to be punished.

Begins to warm up a bit after 10+ shots but not the frying pan hot I used to get on the 7RM after 3 shots on the Hardy previously.
    Criterion barrel is a great heat sink too, and really only starts to warm after decent long strings so doesn't change POI which makes life at the range banging gongs fun rather than bang, have a cup of tea... Bang...
    A really good teaching tool this one as recoil is minimised due to weight and components used so you can settle in and really challenge yourself how accurate you can be.

Cheers CD.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

found the video with the ASE on the front of a C9 - but not the one with the GPMG I was looking for. I don't think it was a manufacturers vid either but here you go..

bit of a difference - 5.56 v 7.62 I'll keep looking.
    Ahhh here it is gets nice and rosy red

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 19-10-2019 at 06:35 PM.

a wee bump for Sunday morning ...

Hi All a wee bump for Monday morning those taking a gander at work. I'll give it a week before loading to other sites so anybody interested plenty of opportunity to have a look and discuss what might work. If timings a issue at least let me know - I'd really like this to stay in the family, so to speak. Also can offer for a test fire for those locally under the right conditions.

Once that's done its off to the other sites for sale.

Have a great day everyone!

Bump - Going to tard me shortly so get in fellas

Last Couple of days here unless somebody contacts with interest to hold it - Will be going to Tard me far quite a bit more.
    Cheers CD.

Gone to the yellow site....