Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quentin

Thread: Cz 457 25MOA Rail

Cz 457 25MOA Rail

Looks like I was late to the party and missed the CZ 457 25MOA rails that Kilwell had.
    If anyone had the foresight to buy more than 1 or if you just want to part with it, please let me know.

Happy to make it worth your time.

https://gunrack.nz/product-category/...ngs-and-bases/ might be of some use? got a 30 moa for my 455 from them/him. good product and service

Thanks very much @ilikepie, they only have a 50 MOA left so if I cannot find the 25 MOA I guess I’ll give it some thought.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 05-12-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Actually on reading up it appears as though a scope rail, like scopes are exempt from any sort of import permit requirement by the looks of it.

It looks like I can just order it from over seas and get it posted to NZ?. Can anyone confirm that is true and accurate for me please because CZ have these in stock now.

Couldn't you just use a 30MOA 455 rail? Same dovetail specification on both rifles.

I have my area 419 CZ455 30MOA rail on my Tikka T1x now. Other than a mm difference in the ejection cutout in the rail which is just cosmetic, it functions perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Couldn't you just use a 30MOA 455 rail? Same dovetail specification on both rifles.

I have my area 419 CZ455 30MOA rail on my Tikka T1x now. Other than a mm difference in the ejection cutout in the rail which is just cosmetic, it functions perfectly.
    @quentine - thanks mate. Some reading in US forums said this was not a good idea ( not sure why), but luckily for me Iíve just been offered a CZ457 25MOA rail, so if they serious Iíll jump on it.

I tend to ignore "experts" saying something is not a good idea, and then not being able to quantify why. My engineering brain cannot understand why 2 dovetails cut to the same specs cannot receive the same rail, which is why I did not hesitate to install the CZ rail on the Tikka.
    Suspect the person advising it's not a good idea, also sells the rails. No money in it for them if people take their CZ455 rails over to their next rimfire, regardless of make and model.

Good news on finding what you are after. Fingers crossed the sale progresses.
    Sanctuary likes this.