Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cordite

Thread: DeLisle MKIII 303

DeLisle MKIII 303

Want to buy (or I will be prepared to take it for free) a shot out No1 MKIII 303 barrel, my first go at building .410 a DeLisle ended up with a chamber a touch on the big side so I want to have another go. Im also still after a couple of sling swivels (like the one on the suppressor shown)

Name:  20180910_201746.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  2.94 MB

Where ru? I think I have in Taupo
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yea should have put that, in Chch

Wonder why "they" never just made in .303 with subsonic heavy .303 loads, but still able to be used for normal loads. Much cheaper, and would have made a brilliant sniper with standard ball ammo - imagine a No 4 (T) (S) for scoped suppressed.

Sure it would have required an unusual ammo to be issued, but no great handicap if it could also handle readily available supersonic ball - I mean, how many "silent" sentry kills would a de Lisle be required for in its entire service life?
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Wonder why "they" never just made in .303 with subsonic heavy .303 loads, but still able to be used for normal loads. Much cheaper, and would have made a brilliant sniper with standard ball ammo - imagine a No 4 (T) (S) for scoped suppressed.

Sure it would have required an unusual ammo to be issued, but no great handicap if it could also handle readily available supersonic ball - I mean, how many "silent" sentry kills would a de Lisle be required for in its entire service life?

They could have done all sorts of things that seem to make sense in retrospect, cut 6 inchs off the barrel and get rid of the full wood, put a brake/flash suppressor on the end of it...
    I did wounder about why they didnt make a sub 303, it would have been a lot easier, the only thing I can think of is that the twist rate isnt fast enough