Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dogs x 2

Dogs x 2

Free to a good home. Sassy(bitch) and Browny(male). We have moved from a farm to a small place in town and as much as I love these dogs I can see that they're pining for the open spaces again. I used to trap possums and while out checking traps most days these two would spend their time flushing out and chasing down rabbits, rats and Sassy has a real knack for catching possums. They have never been trained as hunting dogs, but have a real hunting instinct. They are mother and son and work together really well. We acquired Sassy as a rescue dog when we moved onto the farm. She had been abused as a pup and as a result she is still very weary of strangers (which has rubbed off on Browny), not a bad thing if you want guard dogs also. They will get used to frequent visitors. They are fantastic with my family and I, which includes 4 small kids. When we acquired Sassy we were told she was a Huntaway/Border Collie X and that she was fixed. Obviously she wasn't fixed as Browny turned up one day with a few other pups, the father being the neighbours Bull Terrier. Sassy has since been fixed.
    I would just like them to be able to stay together, be loved and do what they love to do. The first photo is the neighbours dog (the father to Browny), 2nd photo is Browny and third Sassy.

Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  438.9 KBName:  SAM_2806.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  960.5 KBName:  SAM_2808.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  1.01 MB

Location?

Where are they ??? and how obedient are they ???

Kawakawa Northland

We are located in Kawakawa Northland. They will come to you when called, but this does get a little more challenging when they're in the zone i.e. chasing rabbits etc. They have never been trained to fetch and drop, lie down, roll over, shake hands etc, not to say they couldn't if someone had the time and patience.