Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By shift14
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 4 Post By veitnamcam

Thread: Eberlestock X1-E

Eberlestock X1-E

Used on a couple of trips, internal sleeve(s) for bladder, perfect condition. $350 new
    2100ci / 35l
    More info on Eberlestock website.
    $200.00

B

mean

I'm keen. Pm you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you pm me if dam itchy doesn't buy

Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    Can you pm me if dam itchy doesn't buy
    Ok

I rate this pack(I think this is the same as mine?) everything for a couple of nights,meat from 2 deer,comfortable to carry even with stupid loads
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I rate this pack(I think this is the same as mine?) everything for a couple of nights,meat from 2 deer,comfortable to carry even with stupid loads
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm intriged to see what meat you take from 2 deer plus 2 nights worth of gear and fit it in a 35l pack? Let me in on thr secret so I can do it too

SPF, thanks to all for your interest.

B
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm intriged to see what meat you take from 2 deer plus 2 nights worth of gear and fit it in a 35l pack? Let me in on thr secret so I can do it too
    Stop taking shit you don't use, the reason I went 35l is so I couldn't fit all the shit I would normally take.
    As for meat it depends on where it was shot at how far with what projectile and how far I have to carry it but generally if close(less than a hour and not uphill) I will carry whole as meat is always better if in the chiller whole.
    I haven't carried a whole with that pack as yet.
    Generally I try and break down a animal as little as possible as it ages much better and cuts much nicer if set but in the case of two above it was skinned and boned out back wheels, back steaks and one shoulder cooled as much as possible on the tussock then into a pillow case and into the bottom of pack, jacket strapped on outside(jacket is the bulkiest thing)
    Damnitchy and birch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    SPF, thanks to all for your interest.

B
    Great pack good price.

Still amazes me. I've been using a 45l pack last few years as my day/summer overnighter and personally its only good for a hind or a stag all broken down.

Hey veitnamcam. Would be interesting to know what's in your pack. Beside the meat. Totally agree with carrying less pooh. I use to alpine climb and on a 3 and a half day trip up a new route with full alpine gear only used a 40L pack. Nothing but the essentials. Excited to get this pack! My first specifically designed for hunting pack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on where when I am going there is.
    binos,range finder,gps,eperb,medical,emergency firelighting,survivalblanket,batterys,head lamp,phone. pretty much always
    water/wind proof warm jacket, full change polar fleece wearing merino base layers(delete full change in good weather for overnight etc)
    Fresh pair of good wool/syn blend socks for every day plus a camp set cos I like warm dry feet.
    one man biv bag or two man tent or fly(usualy one of the first two because I hate mossies)
    Pillow case and a few pack and save bags and zip lock bags, they weigh nothing and have a thousand uses(mainly keeping rank smelly bloody clothing away from clean and or meat)
    Sleeping bag and maybe/maybe not thermarest.
    Cheapo kovea cooker I have had for 25 odd years and a canister in a small titanium pot with frypan lid,some backcountry meals(the mashed spud is bloody fantastic, the rest you will eat if you are hungry) OSM bars maybe some sardines in a tin(heavy but good) half a salami, I tend to work on I should be back at the truck with at least one solid meal left over just in case.

My sleeping bag,biv/tent and thermarest are bulky and heavy, I would really like to upgrade all of these for bulk and weight, 90% of the time I leave my thermarest behind( the cheapest one, size of my sleeping bag) but I do not camp on the tops in winter and I have had the od cold night on a damp forest floor but you can always shove all your other gear/clothes underneath for insulation.

Tussock is great insulation underneath, Have woken up with my biv frozen to my sleeping bag and had a nice warm nights sleep.
    Attached Images Attached Images