Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut

Thread: electronic scales

electronic scales

got a set of lee anniversary beam ones, never used anything else but going by some of the comments on here there are better ones around. want to go eletronic as i'm a leftie and no matter how i try i end up bumping the bema while putting powder in! just got a powder trickler that has sped things up alot from using the yellow lee scoops.

wondering if anyone has a set floating around unused, happy to have battery ones even if they do turn off at the wrong moment as i'm in no rush when i reload and only do a couple hundred round a year. also feel electronic is probably more accurate than the beam as i cont be bothered crouching down to get my eye level with the end of the beam all the time!
    WallyR likes this.

We bought 200 little electronic balances for all of our chemistry classes at about fifteen dollars each. Work perfectly. I have used a set for the last 5 years. Has grains and grams scales. Have loaded many thousands of rounds using mine even for bench rest shooters.

Hmm will look into these,any idea what brand they were?

Ejected
    I have a set that I can pass on for what they cost. I also brought the calibration weights off trade me. Hardly used as I subsequently brought a charge master which comes with it's own scales.

Have some Gempro that I no longer use - upgraded to force restoration type. Gempro are probably the pick of the "cheaper" electronic scales, excluding all the <$100 stuff. They still have the same issues as all those, use old strain gauge tecnology and have drifting zeros. I run mine off a C cell battery pack. PM if interested.

Hmm doing a bit more reading and thinking I should be saving my pennies, making do with the lee scales I have and get a powder thrower in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Hmm doing a bit more reading and thinking I should be saving my pennies, making do with the lee scales I have and get a powder thrower in the near future
    Not wanting to divert you ha ha but the powder thrower that Alonzo has put up is primo. And without getting into the electronic beam balance versus electronic broken record thread a good beam balance and a top powder thrower is a great combo. All I used for many years. Still have my RCBS thrower and Ohaus scales.

yeah i saw that thrower, just cant afford it at the moment!