Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

EOI: As new Sendero SFII 7mmRM, bedded and 162gnAmax load by Nathan Foster

I just picked up a HS Precision SPL in 7mmRM and keen to know if any interest in the above. It is a safe queen only been to the range. It will shoot 0.4 inch groups at 3077 fps (100 yards), fired 42 rounds. Has a bedded/epoxy'd (?) 20MOA warne base (Warn 30mm rings could be thrown in). Trigger is excellent but not superb, the very slightest travel (predictable) off the bench. New last year from Dan at Reloaders and sent straight to Nathan at Terminal Ballistic Research to be set up. Won't be giving it away but would suit someone looking for a new rifle with proven accuracy. Comfortably shot 0.5MOA at 300 yards in the weekend with a light breeze at play.

PM me if interested.

Cheers
    Bob

My apologies, I was thinking about another rifle when quoting the group size. This rifle will shoot a 0.297 inch or 7.55mm 100 yard 3 shot groups.

Here is the target I sent to Nathan a year ago almost to the day, OAL is 86.3mm.

Name:  image001.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  6.4 KB

Name:  254c68e2.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  96.2 KB

Baz
    Dont like the Sendero? I have the SFii, sent it to Nathan who bedded it and did load development. I just put a muz brake on, makes a big dif to being able to spot ya own shots, 750yrds the furtherst so far.

My factory trigger was playing up so put in a Timney, 1.8 lbs.

It is a heavy rifle to hunt with, only been on a sling with quad access to shooting spots.

They are surpurb rifles, someone will grab it off ya.

Thanks Baz - was saying to someone I was surprised how much I enjoy this rifle, for me the only problem is the palm swell which I find a little uncomfortable. I was really impressed by the bedding job Nathan did, in fact I think he used my rifle in one of his bedding demo vids. The trigger isn't holding back the group sizes obviously, but although its light its just not quite a breaking glass one. If it wasn't for the HS tripping me up this Sendero would be a definite keeper, the couple of extra pounds it carries makes it very comfortable to shoot... while a big step up in calibers for me I find it excellent to shoot off the bench.

Have you shot/sorted the HS yet ?

Not yet, if it doesn't shoot to my expectation it will be flicked, Sendero kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    Not yet, if it doesn't shoot to my expectation it will be flicked, Sendero kept.
    That was what I was getting at

I thought so nothing brings more satisfaction that shooting a superbly accurate rifle with ammunition you've rolled yourself. At least for me anyway.

I also checked out the inside of the barrel with a bore scope too. The finish is excellent, and compared to the SPS my father-in-law has its in a completely different class (i.e. SPS lots of tool/machining marks evident).