Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MSL

Thread: Firewood logs or trees WTB

Firewood logs or trees WTB

Gday everyone

I知 currently looking for wood around Dunedin be it logs slash piles or standing trees. Happy to pay for them or beers or help out any way I can. I知 a experienced tree feller as I work in silvercultre as a thinner and did wilding pines before that.
    But can稚 get a forestry permit and this time due to them still being s bit worried about fire risk which I understand. Being a thinner I知 very aware of health and safetyand am not just some cowboy. I have all my own gear if anyone potentially has something available please contact me I知 not fussy on wood type etc
    Thanks
    Cody

Tell me @Cody.a A farmer last year said the boys could go & cut up some fallen trees out of his forest block I thought that's decent considering the hype over farms & osh (I have work safety plans & so do our farmers ) but on a little investigating it turns out even if someone hacked off a leg or worse the cocky isn't liable as he,s not paying them they are just getting free wood not doing a (job), got me thinking of all the yarns iv heard from farmers , cant go hunting because of "osh" could be wrong but im thinking there is a lot of misconception out there ?
    Don't mean to hijack your thread but figured maybe there's someone out there with trees thinking Nooo waay because of osh ?
    Good luck with your quest I got my wood last week
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Tell me @Cody.a A farmer last year said the boys could go & cut up some fallen trees out of his forest block I thought that's decent considering the hype over farms & osh (I have work safety plans & so do our farmers ) but on a little investigating it turns out even if someone hacked off a leg or worse the cocky isn't liable as he,s not paying them they are just getting free wood not doing a (job), got me thinking of all the yarns iv heard from farmers , cant go hunting because of "osh" could be wrong but im thinking there is a lot of misconception out there ?
    Don't mean to hijack your thread but figured maybe there's someone out there with trees thinking Nooo waay because of osh ?
    Good luck with your quest I got my wood last week
    Responsible for anyone on property unless contractor that has had safety briefing and signed hazard register

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Responsible for anyone on property unless contractor that has had safety briefing and signed hazard register
    Yep, and there are plenty of properties out there that have no safety briefing or hazard register therefore no way to waive responsibility, hence their refusal to allow any old hunter on farm
    JoshC and bigbear like this.

You still want some?we are landclearing in Anderson bay , will have pile logs here, need gone now or they go through whole tree chipper

Hey mate keen as when do you them gone by at the latest my number is 0279632597

Number no work?

0279632596 sorry

Thanks for coming out so pomptly