Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Russian 22.

Thread: FN FAL Parts

FN FAL Parts

Hi All - I've been a long time browser of the B&S forum here but this is my first post. These items are also advertised on Sportshooter NZ.

This has been a project I have been collecting parts for for ~12 months but have to be realistic about finishing it in the near future which is somewhat unlikely. I am not in a rush to sell them however.

1 - FN FAL barreled upper. This is an FN made 'G series' upper. Unfortunately when received I found it to have a bend in the rails which causes the carrier to jam up as soon as it is inserted. Robbie Tiffen had a look at it before he passed and thought it could be worked on but I haven't tried to lap it or 'persuade' it further. Pictures attached to try and show the bend. Barrel very worn. Comes as shown and also includes gas piston, spring and carrier. Will need to see at least a scan of your licence please. $450

Name:  IMG-20180726-WA0000.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  46.9 KBName:  DSCN5910.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  743.0 KBName:  DSCN5901.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  725.9 KB

2 - Israeli lower. Hebrew markings but supposedly made by FN too? Comes as shown and with selector. Will need to see at least a scan of your licence please. $300

Name:  DSCN6042.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  780.6 KB

3 - Muzzle brake. I think it's a reproduced unit, no idea on thread pitch I'm afraid. $80

4 - Bipod-cut handguards $50

5 - SLR bolt. Looks hardly used. $120

6 - Stock. Plastic, normal length but without butt pad. Was told it was a FN article. $170

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  130.5 KB

Postage within NZ only - $10/item. Or pickup in ChCh by arrangement.

Happy to answer questions.

Cheers

Only the lower receiver needs a mail order form. I don't think a scan of a license would be a good idea. Needs to be done the proper way via the arms office.

professional spooker
    tetawa and 2post like this.

@canross probably not the one ou are looking for but just saw two threads with fn FAL in the title one wtb and one fs....

He may have meant scan for the upper as additional security that it's going to someone who is suitable.

Edit - good timing 223 I've been meaning to get around to looking and this thread kicked me into gear. PM'd OP just in case
    Last edited by canross; 02-01-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Only the lower receiver needs a mail order form. I don't think a scan of a license would be a good idea. Needs to be done the proper way via the arms office.

professional spooker
    Thanks, I've never sold anything other than complete rifles so have updated original add.

Edit: for some reason I can't edit the original add so for all those interested please note will need the Police Mail Order form before I can supply the lower. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukiwa View Post
    Thanks, I've never sold anything other than complete rifles so have updated original add.

Edit: for some reason I can't edit the original add so for all those interested please note will need the Police Mail Order form before I can supply the lower. Cheers.
    No worries. A complete rifle also needs a mail order unless you visually sight the license too.

professional spooker

Upper, lower, bolt and handguards spoken for thanks.

@Mods: is it possible for users to edit their original post? I have had a look and can't find this tool anywhere.

Cheers

I take it this isn't an E cat?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I take it this isn't an E cat?
    Yes, previous owner of the upper took it off E-cat

Quote Originally Posted by Mukiwa View Post

You can edit a post for some time after you post it Ive done it plenty f times when Ive made mistakes in spelling like that one. A mod could tell you the proper details.

All parts have been sold except for those pictured below:

1 - Muzzle brake. I think it's a reproduced unit, no idea on thread pitch I'm afraid. $80

2 - Stock. Plastic, normal length but without butt pad. Was told it was a FN article. $170

3 - Magazine. 5 round. $50

Postage within NZ only - $10/item. Or pickup in ChCh by arrangement.
    Name:  Parts.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  224.8 KB