Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Forbes 260

Forbes 260

Forbes 260 as new fired 60 rounds talley rings $2000.scope for sale to vortex 3x12x42 dimondbackHP.$500.shoots 123 laupua well and 130 berger.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tahr, outdoorlad and Tikka7mm08 like this.

Bump

Plastic gun case with the Forbes.

Can sort you out a fallow hunt to test drive!!
    Kudu likes this.

Bump

Bump

It sucks being a seller at the moment, seems no one wants to part with their hard earned cash... I suppose to be expected leading up to Christmas but it has been so cold all year on the selling front. People won't go near their wallets (me included) unless it is a steal. I don't know what this particular rifle is worth but your asking price seems pretty reasonable from the little I do know.

There have been a couple of rifles on here in the last couple of weeks (this one included) that I have had to fight myself and sit on my hands. For me it is because I have moved away from any decent hunting and drastically cutting down the number of rifles sitting unused in my safe. Also building a house which is eating up the budget.

Good luck with the sale.
    Rangidan and Pete_D like this.
    “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.” - Thucydides 463BC

Yes I'd also be all over this to match the same rifle I have in 280AI. But I have a 260AI still and a b-cat hopefully in the post.

Can recommend these rifles as incredibly light and accurate.
    Rangidan likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Good comment @Dorkus. I'm tempted and tossing up to get this or do some work on my boys Mod 7 260. I have read a bit on these on US forums and some say the inletting and stock finish is shite and the bolt runs like it has a handful of sand in the action. @Rangidan how sweet is your rifle in terms of factory finish.
    Rangidan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    It sucks being a seller at the moment, seems no one wants to part with their hard earned cash... I suppose to be expected leading up to Christmas but it has been so cold all year on the selling front. People won't go near their wallets (me included) unless it is a steal. I don't know what this particular rifle is worth but your asking price seems pretty reasonable from the little I do know.

There have been a couple of rifles on here in the last couple of weeks (this one included) that I have had to fight myself and sit on my hands. For me it is because I have moved away from any decent hunting and drastically cutting down the number of rifles sitting unused in my safe. Also building a house which is eating up the budget.

Good luck with the sale.
    I here ya Dorkus I'm cashing in a life insurance to bye a jet boat , turns out I'm a hole lot richer if I'm in the ground so need more cash for the boat fund! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Good comment @Dorkus. I'm tempted and tossing up to get this or do some work on my boys Mod 7 260. I have read a bit on these on US forums and some say the inletting and stock finish is shite and the bolt runs like it has a handful of sand in the action. @Rangidan how sweet is your rifle in terms of factory finish.
    The safety hole was disappointingly finished but a rub with some wet & dry sorted it. I sent it back straight away because it did not feed they set the mag spring down properly and sorted it, still disappointing after spending that money. Bolt is smooth the stock is a real nice fit and great to carry cool little shooter, don't really want to sell it. Hope that helps cheers.
    Mathias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Same, If I could view it in person to see how it fits & feels.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Bump

$1900 rifle & rings.

We are saving our money for the next lot of tax someone dreams up
    Rangidan likes this.