Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By kimjon
  • 1 Post By kimjon

Thread: free to good home 7mm wsm x41case

free to good home 7mm wsm x41case

hi guys have x41 cases that I don't need any more few are once fired but some are 3times but still fine, in return I would to hear about your funniest bush hunt story. I will pm the lucky person that has the best story (oh free shipping also)

Hi Dale, I'd be keen on those WSM cases. Here's a quick story for you;

One particular story my father tells has always stuck with me and it’s about his first deer when he was only 14. He and his best friend road their push bikes out to the foothills of the Ruahine Ranges to shoot rabbits taking along his trusty single shot Winchester .22lr. They were stalking along the bush edge looking for rabbits when a red hind appeared in the distance, not really sure what to do they discussed the various options and a plan was made. My father stalked into about 20 yards and proceeded to shoot the hind in base of ear – dropping it with one shot! Wow, that went really well they thought...but now what? Neither of them had a knife on them or any experience with what to do with a deer - other than what they had seen in comic books. So using their extensive comic book knowledge they set about tying the deers feet together front and rear, then they ran a large stick between the deer’s now tied together feet just like a cannibal would in the comic books with a captured missionary. Next was to put the ends of the stick between the two bicycles, lifting the un-gutted deer off the ground ready for the ride home. So far so good and proud as punch they journeyed home covering the 20 miles in record time....until they came to a steep downhill section coming into town, where a crew of men had closed one half of the road and were doing road works on the other. The weight of the deer cancelled out their brakes and they continued to gain speed as they headed down the hill with the deer still suspended between their bikes with its back almost scraping the road. The crashed through the barriers, but to their surprise managed to hold on and not fall off their bikes, nor loose the deer as the stick buckled under its weight. A great cheer rang out from the roading crew and off home they went with smiles so big you’d think they were painted on.
    hillclima, puku, 7mmsaum and 6 others like this.

Got a PM - top man, and very generous. Thanks dale
    Toby likes this.

no worrys gone to a good home cheers

Whens the book coming out @kimjon

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk