Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Tertle
  • 2 Post By Rushy
  • 2 Post By Konev

Thread: French Musket

French Musket

Team,
    Well ive a beautiful musket that I have tried to sell before and seem to have no luck finding anyone who can give an idea as to value.

I did get Rob Woods to look at it some time ago but his estimate is now somewhat old. Iím actually not after top dollar but a fair price and the knowledge its going to be restored!

Its a French Flintlock musket, a Charleville musket Model 1777 and an incredibly worth restoration, anyone have an idea as to worth or offer??

Please donít suggest antique arms as they have been bloody hopeless in getting back to me in the past!

Name:  profile musket.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  438.2 KB

Ive a stack more images if anyones interested?
    R93 and BRADS like this.
    www.allaboutenfields.co.nz dedicated to a great old rifle thatís still knocking them over!

Auctions the only way if you cannot price it yourself, there one in Wellington next month I think. You can set a reserve to cover yourself
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Can't help with a price indication but they are a great musket. The French General - Rochambeau gave me one to use during the American Revolution. Ha ha ha ha
    Savage1 and Tertle like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

cheers Maca49, I will make some enquiries, someone did mention that there was a bloke who did come down from the north island and do some appraisals for an auction that was held up there, might just be the thing? there are a couple of things to shift on, im even considering my NZ marked and numbered Lovel pattern carbine???
    www.allaboutenfields.co.nz dedicated to a great old rifle thatís still knocking them over!

Ted Rogers Google Militaira auction. May this year, he's just putting the catalogue together now
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Just emailed him

these really need new homes and I need to cull a few safe queens and some aspects of the collection, its painful, but im now at the acceptance stage

Never fired? Dropped once?
    veitnamcam and Maca49 like this.

A little bit of use during a slight incident, Napoleonic war (a slight incursion, little fellow wanted to visit another country)!

There is some anecdotal evidence how it got to NZ but this is purely word of mouth unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Can't help with a price indication but they are a great musket. The French General - Rochambeau gave me one to use during the American Revolution. Ha ha ha ha
    That was Sargent Peppers lonely heart revo, Rushy
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    A little bit of use during a slight incident, Napoleonic war (a slight incursion, little fellow wanted to visit another country)!

There is some anecdotal evidence how it got to NZ but this is purely word of mouth unfortunately
    Pass it on Tertle my Williams Evans had the same and when I checked it out in England it was close enough and gave me the leads I needed
    Boom, cough,cough,cough