Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: FS Forbes .260

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233

    FS Forbes .260

    So I brought this off here with the plan to use it as my hunting rifle and my Tikka .260 on the range but I seem to keep using my Tikka.
    So it has to go.
    It has a 19" barrel threaded 14 x 1 and shoots 143ELDX at 2850fps 3 shots under 1" it's a dream to carry and is in top condition.
    Stock has no marks on it and comes with 1" and 30mm Tally rings.
    $1900 would prefer pickup or arrange drop off depending on where you live.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Taupo
    Posts
    249
    PM Sent.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Still forsale

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Tikka7mm08 and 57jl like this.

  4. #4
    Jit
    Jit is offline
    Member Jit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    465
    That's serious velocity from 19in. Well done.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    That's serious velocity from 19in. Well done.
    Yea all the .260 I load for which is 3 Tikka's and the Forbes being 18" to 20" of barrel length all run over 2800fps with the 143ELDX

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Jit
    Jit is offline
    Member Jit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    Yea all the .260 I load for which is 3 Tikka's and the Forbes being 18" to 20" of barrel length all run over 2800fps with the 143ELDX

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Bump

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Bump

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Bump

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    So I brought this off here with the plan to use it as my hunting rifle and my Tikka .260 on the range but I seem to keep using my Tikka.
    So it has to go.
    It has a 19" barrel threaded 14 x 1 and shoots 143ELDX at 2850fps 3 shots under 1" it's a dream to carry and is in top condition.
    Stock has no marks on it and comes with 1" and 30mm Tally rings.
    $1900 would prefer pickup or arrange drop off depending on where you live.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    So I've been going backwards and forwards do I sell or not but I just don't use it so yes it's up for sale.
    If it sells I may have a vx5 firedot to sell as well.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central NI
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    So I've been going backwards and forwards do I sell or not but I just don't use it so yes it's up for sale.
    If it sells I may have a vx5 firedot to sell as well.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Swap for a VX5 HD firedot??
    Nice rifle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Not really I'll only get rid of the vx5 if the rifle sells.

    Cheers Neil

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Any interest before it goes on trademe can sell with VX5HD like new for $3300 and DPT for $3500

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Gkp
    Gkp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    112
    Great light weight rifles these, someone should buy this
    25/08IMP likes this.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233
    Bump

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Forbes 260
    By Rangidan in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 26-12-2018, 07:12 PM
  2. FS: Forbes 260
    By tonyd in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2018, 04:19 PM
  3. FS: Forbes 20B 7mm 08
    By Benj in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20-03-2018, 09:13 PM
  4. FS: Forbes 270
    By PerazziSC3 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-07-2017, 08:17 PM
  5. FORBES 243
    By von tempsky fan in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 08:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!