Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

FS: Left Handed Tikka T3 7mm08, Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12 + extras

Had this up on TM for the last week but it was not sold so I thought I should put it out here. I offered it out at $2000 so happy to pass that same price on here even though it's on the lower side of what I should be able to get. Not in a major hurry to sell but if it suits someone here then all good. Reason for sale is that it's over engineered for 90% of the hunting I'm doing. I thought I'd be spending more time at the range too but reality is I just won't get to shoot it that much and it seems a waste hanging around.

The rifle was set up as a close to mid range (0-500m) hunting rifle but with the capability for shooting targets out to 800m. General condition for the rifle is great, some typical minor bush knocks here and there and a few very small rust spots on the exterior which are easy to take care of. The barrel and action have had a good cleaning and maintenance schedule.
    The Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12 is an awesome scope, very good optics, resettable zero dials, BDC reticle and an ideal magnification range for the rifles application
    The rifle has handloads for it in the form of 162gr Amaxs in Norma brass which is on its third cycle. The projectiles are seated to mag length which mean there’s wasn’t any need to change bolt stops or mag to get the projectiles to shoot well.
    The load was worked up 40.5gr of ADI2208 getting a four shot group to .4”, I stopped there as I was happy but it could possibly be tightened up even further with a bit of exploring by someone who knows more than I do.
    The barrel has only been chopped to 20” so it can still comfortably be shot without the suppressor and with the suppressor on it’s a real pussycat.
    It’s a great all rounder of a setup and comes with a bunch of extras so you can hit the ground running. Will only be sold as a package and bipod not included, free shipping NZ wide.

Buyer must present FAL and appropriate documentation. Auckland pick ups OK.

THE RIFLE:
    - Left hand Tikka T3 7mm08
    - Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12HP with Deadhold BDC reticle
    - Gunworks Spartan suppressor (barrel chopped to 20”)
    - Mountain Tactical American Hunter laminated stock
    - Stock and action bedded by Dean Maisey
    - Limbsaver recoil pad
    - Optilock rings
    - Roughly 500 rounds through barrel, was checked not too long ago by Dean Maisey with no issues found

COMES WITH:
    - 45 rounds of 162gr Amax handloads
    - 65 162gr Amax projectiles
    - Forster BR Die set (full length and seating dies)
    - Lee collet die
    - Free shipping NZ wide

GWH
    Looks and sounds like a nice setup!

That's what I reckon!

Back up on the other place but if someone here wants to pick it up still happy to honour the price above.