Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LifeofBrian
  • 1 Post By LifeofBrian

Thread: Gun Safe Safewell 10-Gun A-Cat

Gun Safe Safewell 10-Gun A-Cat

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some advice and I'm posting on this forum as it related.

On the 9/8/19 I advertised and sold a gun safe through this forum and got paid $400 by DC into my bank account. I received a couple of private messages through this site from the buyer, anzac_mike who said he'd call me that weekend to arrange pick up. Since then, and despite multiple messages from me I've heard nothing. I've sent a message to admin of this site to ask if they will let me have the buyers email address or phone number but have not received a reply. I'm moving house in a couple of weeks so need the safe gone. I cannot return the funds as I do not have the buyers bank account details. I considering re-advertising the safe and if and when anzac_mike gets in touch I'll return his funds, however if anyone has a better idea I'm all ears!

Cheers
    David

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeofBrian View Post
    ........sold a gun safe through this forum and..............received a couple of private messages through this site from the buyer, anzac_mike who said he'd call me that weekend to arrange pick up. Since then,.....I've heard nothing. I've sent a message to admin of this site to ask if they will let me have the buyers email address or phone number but have not received a reply. ...........
    Not acceptable, 'tho there may be an explanation. I have emblazoned this for you and hopefully one of the moderators will see it and come to your assistance.

I've sent a message to admin of this site to ask if they will let me have the buyers email address or phone number but have not received a reply.
    It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.

Cheers Sapper

Could be worse, you could have paid for something and not received it��

Give him 7 days notice,then funds for pick up.Relist safe for sale.

Agree, could be a lot worse, Labour could formed a coalition with the NZ First and the Greens and we could have the most inept PM and government in history..... hang on......
    Steve123 and dannyb like this.

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some advice and I'm posting on this forum as it related.

On the 9/8/19 I advertised and sold a gun safe through this forum and got paid $400 by DC into my bank account. I received a couple of private messages through this site from the buyer, anzac_mike who said he'd call me that weekend to arrange pick up. Since then, and despite multiple messages from me I've heard nothing. I've sent a message to admin of this site to ask if they will let me have the buyers email address or phone number but have not received a reply. I'm moving house in a couple of weeks so need the safe gone. I cannot return the funds as I do not have the buyers bank account details. I considering re-advertising the safe and if and when anzac_mike gets in touch I'll return his funds, however if anyone has a better idea I'm all ears!

Cheers
    David
    @anzac_mike

Cheers Cordite, maybe he'll pick up on your message

Joined and only post, 9/08 wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Just bloody strange he hands over $400 and then disappears in to thin air?
    tetawa likes this.

Just bloody strange he hands over $400 and then disappears in to thin air?
    Yes, exactly - leaves you more concerned about his wellbeing than about his safe blocking your driveway or wherever it is.

On the other hand, keep an eye out for suspicious transactions on the account you used, never know if it is a phishing thing, though does not sound like it.

To be fair @anzac_mike may have had a issue that he cannot sort at the minute.

Admin should make a temp sticky, with his username, and email directly as the funds have been transferred already.

Shit happens every day, and usually when you think it won't, but money has changed hands, and as we are fit and proper, we should do what we can as a forum.

Maybe he went hunting
    Just a thought