Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By dogmatix
  • 1 Post By 40mm
  • 1 Post By Carlsen Highway

Thread: Hand load .270 win 30-30 win 44

Hand load .270 win 30-30 win 44

Hi all,

Not sure would anyone buy hand load ammo here, guess I will give it a try.

Got some of my hand load ammo for sell if any one is interested, these are all loaded with ADI powder and all slightly under recommend charge (not some super hot load). Brass are done max of 2 loads
    I don't shoot any of these caliber anymore, if the price are not realistic feel free to make an fair offer.

65 round of .270 Win with Hornady 130GR. .277 Spire Point projectile, brass mix of PMC & Remington after $80 postage included
    35 round of 30-30 Win with Hornady 150GR. .308 Round Nose (I think, can't be sure), brass mix of PMC & ELD after $45 postage included
    50 round of 44 MAG hollow point (can't rember weight but must be Hornady projectile), brass all Remington after $65 postage included (loaded for my Desert Eagle)

Buyer need to email me photo of your FAL, I only need to see your first name / expiry date / part of FAL number you may cross out the rest.
    Feel free to ask question.

Name:  IMG_6648.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  1.92 MB
    Name:  IMG_6650.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  2.19 MB
    Name:  IMG_6649.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  2.50 MB

ammo case not included

You would probably off load them more easily if you pull the rounds and sell the brass and projectiles on their own.
    mikee, BRADS and chainsaw like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

yup, not too many guys would be keen on trusting others loads. No offence, just dogmatix is right.
    mikee likes this.
    Use enough gun

Id be keen on 44 if over 240 grains and a low pressure load. To use over a dog. If can do?
    Dan M

Yeah nah not really you need to be careful with other people’s handloads
    1 have they been neck sized or full length sized if neck sized they may not even chamber in someone else’s rifle/pistol
    2 are they hot loads if they are they could be safe in your gun but not in others
    3 has a mistake been made during loading process double charge etcetc
    4 if you sold this ammunition and something went Wrong you could be held liable
    I would pull it and sell bullets and brass as dogmatx says

Id feel ok as above in a 44 not so much in 270 etc the odd 30 cal slug loaded in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

prices are waay to steep and shouldnt be selling reloads......alternative solution...donate me boxes beerzies for first lot...1 for 2nd and 1 for the 3rd.......might be better/safer option.

Thank you all for your kind feed back.

I know you all concern with buying someone's hand load, including myself.

Just to share my opinions on reloading, not trying to start a debate here. If i am wrong please tell me so I can improve.

When reload for handgun or rifle, must use full length resize die if not it wouldn't even fit into your own chamber. And I don't see any other way to resize without using full length resize die.
    As to bullet seating depth, above 3 projectiles has cannelure for crimping you can't go too wrong if you set inside the cannelure. I would worry more on the roller crimp tension to be honest.
    you can't double charge any of the above 3 cartridge, simply not enough room for the powder (ADI). Over charge can happen, so i use cop die on my Hornady progress AP when reloading pistol. I load above 3 with Hornady single stage press to ensure precise powder charged and weight each rifle rounds after. Again, the above 3 is for target load not trying to achieve certain muzzle velocity like my 38 super comp ipsc major load. which is about 12.5% over the max recommend charge, of course the handgun is designed for this (don't try this without chronograph).
    Shit happen? sure it does, I blew up my walther M4 22lr with factory ammo. This caused by one bullet under charge and the projectile stuck in the barrel without knowing what happen I fired the next shot (was doing my speed drills, got what happen on camera), the result are couple bits came off the BCG and barrel bulged. luckily it was a 22lr no harm done, but my $1400 22lr is no use anymore.

Tried to give out as much details on these reload as possible, unfortunately lost my reloading record when moving house.
    I am not selling reload for a living and don't reload for anyone and to my best knowledge I think these bullets are fit to use, if you don't mind hand load ammo and are useful to you price is not an issue.
    If no one want them, I will pull them (Thanks dogmatix & 40mm) and sell bits if anyone are interested. options are open

my 223 reload from my average ar15 @100 meters
    Name:  IMG_6496.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  1.07 MB

Cheers all

Banned
    I actually thought it was illegal to sell handloads.
    Micky Duck likes this.

shops wont sell handloads made by someone else mainly for liability reasons I think and most wont even sell factory stuff when trading rifles for different calibres.