Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Grunta
  • 4 Post By Make_lead_fly

Thread: Help!

Help!

I hope this is sort of the right section, but I need someone who has a good working knowledge of lee enfields who is living in Blenheim.

I sold a rifle to someone and between here and there it has developed an odd problem, the rear of the bolt is not staying cocked/rearward when the bolt is closed?? it was fine when it left but its playing up, im not sure what they have done? or what has happened?

if anyone could either recommend someone or is able to look at it for me I will shout some beers, its an SMLE and im looking to see if I have a spare bolt I can send them to try??

cheers

Mark
    www.allaboutenfields.co.nz dedicated to a great old rifle thatís still knocking them over!

Caretaker
    Do the serial numbers match ?

Sounds like the wrong bolt
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Possibly the trigger is locked down and the sear isn't engaging. Maybe it has been taken apart and put together incorrectly. I suggest taking it apart and putting it back together again to see what's blocking it or what's broken

Email the local NZDA as theres a couple of roosters there that could help out marlborough.nzda@gmail.com
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

Thanks guys, ive asked and confirmed yes correct bolt, I even did a test with a stripper clip with dummy rounds as it was missing the small ejection screw on the side and it still worked, I am at a loss whats happened!

Thanks Grunta I will email them thanks for that
    www.allaboutenfields.co.nz dedicated to a great old rifle thatís still knocking them over!

Thanks everyone that commented. I thought I might add the answer to this (I was the buyer of this .303 mk3 no1) It turns out a no.4 trigger was what was causing the issue. The rifle is a bitza but still works fine now. So somewhere in the remaking process it was put in as a mistaken part, No.4 triggers don't work in no1 mk3's haha. It would just touch but it wasn't sitting high enough to actually grab the cocking peice. Thanks all who commented and helped and hopefully if in the same position it will fix it for you to. The rifle now accompany me as an Anzac doing the Anzac/Boer war/ armistice day celebrations 21 gun salute. Lest we forget.

Yeah I was going to suggest that this was the likely problem.