Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigash
  • 1 Post By 6x47
  • 4 Post By Jhon
  • 1 Post By zimmer

Thread: Help - need powder dropper for RCBS Uniflow

Help - need powder dropper for RCBS Uniflow

Bought an RCBS Uniflow sans powder droppers. Owner had not used it and did not know they were missing.

It's not likely someone has spares available however someone may know of what else is compatible, can be used. I load mostly 22 up to 30 Cal, no magnums. I see online that RCBS sell a smaller calibre one as a third option for .17- 20cal but that is really no use to me.

I've dropped a note to RCBS themselves (but they seem not to even have the Uniflow in stock). They have the smaller dropper but no mention of the two originals as spare parts.

There does not seem to be much in the way of RCBS stock in where in NZ, let alone spare parts. Any suggestions welcome. Photo shows what one looks like...Name:  20210707_221811.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  100.0 KB

You can use one of those nozzles from the Sealant, selleys all clear etc, and cut the nozzle to suit
    They work well

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Jhon likes this.

Find a clever mate with a lathe..

Or
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27483218506...EAAOSwtpBeV8mC
    Jhon likes this.

About 30 seconds work to make them I would suggest. What you need is a stainless machine screw of about 2" in the correct thread size - these are the puppies that are threaded the whole way up the shank not just the bit at the end like a normal rolled thread bolt. Reason for using these is the thread is where you need it, with the length to cut the thread back to straight shank at the business end. A hole through the middle in the right configuration, and turn the hex head down to suit. Ok maybe a couple of minutes...

Done a similar thing making custom mandrels for the neck turner.

I run my Uniflow without droppers. Don't even know where they are.
    I don't drop into a cartridge though, but into a scale's pan, thence to the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I run my Uniflow without droppers. Don't even know where they are.
    I don't drop into a cartridge though, but into a scale's pan, thence to the scales.
    Yes I'm guessing a lot do. Why they get lost. I'm in the habit with my Lee Perfect of dropping either into a larger transfer case from which I pour powder into my scales pan, saves loss thru splash and easier for my old fingers not to fumble or spill, or, once I am happy with drop consistency, direct into the case.

Anyway, thanks all for the suggestions..as I said above, I dropped a note to RCBS in the States yesterday and this morning got the following reply:

"We are sending you the product, under warranty ( this time to help you out) at no charge, to the address you provided. You will receive an email when the product ships with a tracking number, please anticipate shipping delays with this busy season. Thank you for contacting RCBS!"

How's that for service!!
    ebf, johnd, Mauser308 and 1 others like this.

@Jhon I was going to say when you posted earlier that you had contacted RCBS that you should, in my experience, get a favorable response.
    In the past they have sent me free, replacement motor and dispensing tube for my Chargemaster (out of warranty period) and a sprue cutting plate for an RCBS double cavity mould. Have also seen favorable comments on other forums re their service.

The sprue cutter plate the NZ agent at the time didn't want to know about it.
    Jhon likes this.