Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: HIACE snorkel

  1. #1
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830

    HIACE snorkel

    To fit H100 body Hiace (thats the most common, old hiace on the roads today)
    you will need to make or buy a gutter bracket.
    let me know if you want to buy one or swap etc? $150 or swap etc.
    cheers, dave.Name:  DSC06395.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  115.8 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  92.8 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  103.6 KB
    Use enough gun

  2. #2
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    15,044
    Tempting.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  3. #3
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830
    you would be a lot cooler if you did!
    Use enough gun

  4. #4
    MSL
    MSL is offline
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,543
    It'd take more than a snorkel

  5. #5
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830
    you gonna take that mr gadget? or buy one and proove him wrong!
    Use enough gun

  6. #6
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    15,044
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    you gonna take that mr gadget? or buy one and proove him wrong!
    Would be great on the boss's wagon. The Super Custom makes a damned good farm quad. Wouldn't mind it for bunny busting with the moon roof either.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  7. #7
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830
    yeah, mine is an older one (super gl) but still a tractor... might put a massey ferguson badge on it.

    we have gone up 40 degree slopes no problem, even the odd bit of 45... pretty much a hilux with all the space of a van! cant beat em i think. (except for unimogs)
    Tommy likes this.
    Use enough gun

  8. #8
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    15,044
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    yeah, mine is an older one (super gl) but still a tractor... might put a massey ferguson badge on it.

    we have gone up 40 degree slopes no problem, even the odd bit of 45... pretty much a hilux with all the space of a van! cant beat em i think. (except for unimogs)
    Yeah, this thing is nuts and an upgrade from the old LWB 4x4 YH with a naturally aspirated 2.4 diesel. Miss the hi/lo range a bit though.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  9. #9
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    yeah, mine is an older one (super gl) but still a tractor... might put a massey ferguson badge on it.

    we have gone up 40 degree slopes no problem, even the odd bit of 45... pretty much a hilux with all the space of a van! cant beat em i think. (except for unimogs)
    You could go 50 degrees if you put a harness on the dog bro
    40mm likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,498
    Will check with the old man but doubt he wants to risk his baby...

  11. #11
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830
    mine just got a $6k paintjob.... still likes to drive through mud and rivers! its only kart-wheeling down hills and bush bashing that hurts em, probably a good idea in case you have to drive back to the mainland one day (how deep is the channel?)
    Tommy likes this.
    Use enough gun

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,498
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    mine just got a $6k paintjob.... still likes to drive through mud and rivers! its only kart-wheeling down hills and bush bashing that hurts em, probably a good idea in case you have to drive back to the mainland one day (how deep is the channel?)
    30m I think... He isn't interested, looking at replacing it but struggling to find anything better.

  13. #13
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830
    I replaced my 1999 2wd hiace (360,000km) with my current 1993 4wd hiace (320,000km) Going backwards in age... but all the new vans are full time 4wd and don't have the hi/lo gearbox etc.
    It took about three years to find one that hadn't been up the beach etc.
    When i get a garage ill be buying a shitta to run around in while i pull the van apart and replace all the old bushes, accessories etc.... gonna cost a bit but will be like a new van again.
    then it will either get stolen or crashed......
    gadgetman likes this.
    Use enough gun

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,498
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I replaced my 1999 2wd hiace (360,000km) with my current 1993 4wd hiace (320,000km) Going backwards in age... but all the new vans are full time 4wd and don't have the hi/lo gearbox etc.
    It took about three years to find one that hadn't been up the beach etc.
    When i get a garage ill be buying a shitta to run around in while i pull the van apart and replace all the old bushes, accessories etc.... gonna cost a bit but will be like a new van again.
    then it will either get stolen or crashed......
    Or man reckons his hi ace super custom has had more windscreens replaced than all his previous vehicles put together...

  15. #15
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,830
    stone chips? or random cracking etc?
    Use enough gun

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hiace advice
    By hawkfish in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-12-2015, 01:38 PM
  2. F/S Toyota Hiace 4WD
    By Hunt4life in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2014, 06:27 PM
  3. Snorkel
    By Munsey in forum Fishing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-12-2013, 08:34 PM
  4. WTB 2.8 Diesel HiAce van
    By redbang in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!