Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: hmmmmm rifle-go-round

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    I have no idea who use could be talking about [

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha ha, was waiting for it! :-)

oh well it seems the idea has been taken in the spirit it was intended......

the super short rifle for in the bush has had its following...some still like it,others regret the now cut short barrel.
    the superlight rifle same deal
    the subsonic rifle is another that went off with a hiss and a roar till folks realized it was more of a whizz n fizz or phiiit n hit if you like LOL.
    I remember seeing fella hunt with target barrel about 2 1/2" thick!!!!!!! he loved it as super accurate...stuff carting it.

most of those concept ideas mean the main hunting rifle got molested to try it out...... having ability to try something for a time to see if it works for you has merit....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I think some people treat their posessions way better than others and I think thats where this would fall over.
    When hunting think safety first

Yeah...wouldn't lend the wife, chainsaw and I would add my rifle to that list too
    kidmac42, dannyb and RUMPY like this.

My mate got invited on a large private station to hunt with friends so I lent him my rifle (he has a FAL) it’s simple to use and super accurate when he got back he was complaining he couldn’t hit anything and it doesn’t shoot straight. I finally got out of him that walking through the matigouri the suppressor was to loud so he took it off, I know that that changes the point of impact by about 8 inches high and said that’s the reason you couldn’t hit anything. So not always a good thing borrowing for some people.

which goes to prove you cant fix stupid.....
    Moa Hunter likes this.

so if lending it out is out of question....how a bout come and try it out????

this is where that range day forum activity would be awesome....the big bore shoot I havent managed to make it to yet....perfect time to scratch itch for a big elephant walloper.....also time to try a front stuffer....

Damn, it went 14 posts before any mentioned a 6.5
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post

this is where that range day forum activity would be awesome....the big bore shoot I havent managed to make it to yet....perfect time to scratch itch for a big elephant walloper.....also time to try a front stuffer....
    Yeh I was thinking I would like to have a go on one of those forum shoots but the dates have never lined up right with other things I have had on.

Also a good chance to meet some good buggers on here

its also a bloody good time to bring along a "problem rifle" and find out if its just you or its really being a pig.....
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

I would do my best to go to forum day if it was in N Canterbury. It is 2 hours to any ranges near me that I know of so I use a long ridge over in the St James for testing and sighting in, not ideal but its what is available.
    dannyb and RUMPY like this.

I like this but not just firearms I’d like everyone to bring optics as well to compare in the field

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    The only reason I see to sell a rifle is if it's not accurate.

And @GWH wins the award for forum honesty, while also telling everyone to never buy a rifle from him!
    jakewire, GWH, erniec and 3 others like this.

I was a buyer and seller when I was in my late teens and twenties. My 2 big rifle regrets was selling my first new centrefire; a Ruger M77 270 and a new Winchester 94 30/30. I paid the 270 off over about 6 months in about 1981 and loved that rifle.

The only reason I sold it was because me and 2 friends had recently got into difficulties with exposure/getting bushed on a South Island deer hunting trip. We nearly died of hypothermia and were very lucky to survive. I vowed never to go deer hunting again and stick to pig hunting. So sold the 270.... Actually; I still have a bit of an aversion/phobia about snow to this day....

I can't remember why I sold the Winchester 94. Here I am today looking at them again on TM as an itch that needs scratching. But I was a shocker for buying a rifle, playing with it for a while and then trading it on something else. And losing money every time. I remember going to the Police Station to register a rifle. The Arms Officer grabbed the hardback school book he used as the register, looked at the list of rifles I'd bought and sold and said "F%%K me, you've had a f%%king arsenal".....
    Moa Hunter, Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

its also a bloody good time to bring along a "problem rifle" and find out if its just you or its really being a pig.....
    I was thinking the same thing, it would be great if a forum champion shooter shot my riffles to compare the difference.
    You would soon know if it was the riffle or the shooter
    Moa Hunter likes this.