Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: iPad Air 2

iPad Air 2

Bought new 6 weeks ago from Harvey Norman and have used it twice. Unfortunately it doesn't suit what I need so will onsell at my loss. Will be looking at a laptop instead.

It's the WiFi only model, 16GB in Grey.
    Will come in original box with all the bits and pieces.
    Also bought a Targus hardcase and a glass screen protector for it.
    I also bought the Product Care Replace package which is transferable and adds two years onto the current 1 year warranty. I'm not a fan of extended warranties but it was a good price and is a total replacement if something starts to wear out. A good way to upgrade to the latest model within the next 3 years.

iPad alone was $700 plus a bit over $200 for the rest. Will look at sensible offers.

Buy a Surface Pro, better than a Laptop
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Bigger about 4 day's to late, just ordered on on Monday. Good luck with the sale mate!
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

Always the way eh. Cheers mate.
    Shooter likes this.

Ejected
    Surface pro is great but a Chromebook is cheaper. Some models will get the google play store (google to check which ones) very soon which means you can run android apps including the android version of word and excel.

It's slightly better than having a android tablet with a keyboard (which I also have) because you have the full desktop version of Chrome.

Looking at a Dell Inspiron. Laptop researching is a bit of a mind fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgrass View Post
    Looking at a Dell Inspiron. Laptop researching is a bit of a mind fuck
    Hey just a heads up. Waste of time getting an I3 processor unless you want to be waiting for everything, I7 not worth the monry unless you are seriously using the laptop so go for an I5 processor. If you want it to be efficient get 8gb ram not 4- easy enough to upgrade as long as you match the existing ram and also upgrade to solid state drive and instal operating system on that and it will run much much faster and you will be much happier. Upgrades mught be another $300 but it will give you a much much more efficient and faster a system you just have to take the time to make sure all drivers are installed and away you go. Sounds more complicated than it is.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Ejected
    Post up the link of the laptop you are thinking of and we can offer our internet advice which as always is worth as much as you paid for it. What Willie said it the minimum specs for a Windows 10 machine - 8gb, i5 and ssd drive. You can get away with less if you get a chromebook as Chrome OS has a lot less overheads.

As always with laptops there is a quality difference between brands. Toshiba and Acer are down the bottom. Lenovo, HP and Asus at the top with Dell in the middle.

PB Tech is a reasonable place to go. They also have ex lease laptops that you could re-power with a SSD drive. If it has windows 7 or 8 on it then it gets a free upgrade to Windows 10.

Cheers for the advice fellas. Yep had read that the i7 is not worth the extra money over i5. This is the link which is a fair bit cheaper than anywhere else I can find.
    Inspiron 15 7000 Series Details | Dell New Zealand
    Looking to chuck a few games on there too so this has been a bit of a determining factor. Nothing too heavy though so won't be needing the dedicated gaming laptops. Still need portability so a desktops out.

I've got a surface pro for my work stuff, have a base at home and work so can transport between or use as a tablet, runs Windows10. Desktops have been retired. Run with Syd keyboard and monitor hooked to the base at work and home! Worth a gander!
    Natatale likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I've got a surface pro for my work stuff, have a base at home and work so can transport between or use as a tablet, runs Windows10. Desktops have been retired. Run with Syd keyboard and monitor hooked to the base at work and home! Worth a gander!
    I've been quietly looking at getting a new laptop for work/home and possible a tablet for meetings etc. The Surface pro appeals, but they are worth a bit. What type do you have and what are the pros/cons ? Do you wish you had more power/storage? Thanks, Rich
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

@Snowgrass
    I will look into this as a birthday present to the wife. I'll get back to you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    I've been quietly looking at getting a new laptop for work/home and possible a tablet for meetings etc. The Surface pro appeals, but they are worth a bit. What type do you have and what are the pros/cons ? Do you wish you had more power/storage? Thanks, Rich
    I am currently running surface pro 4 with a lot of fancy goodies for work and while i hate windows 10 i love the machine. Fast, compact, light and very very handy and great at multi tasking and not much smaller usable screen than a lap top and lasts easilly twice as long on the battery. I personally would get the business edition with 8gb ram etc to make it a little more future proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgrass View Post
    Cheers for the advice fellas. Yep had read that the i7 is not worth the extra money over i5. This is the link which is a fair bit cheaper than anywhere else I can find.
    Inspiron 15 7000 Series Details | Dell New Zealand
    Looking to chuck a few games on there too so this has been a bit of a determining factor. Nothing too heavy though so won't be needing the dedicated gaming laptops. Still need portability so a desktops out.
    Always check the problems before opening the wallet
    Dell Inspiron 15 7000(7537) WiFi issue - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2311008

A Dell Inspiron Won't Connect to Wireless Networks | Chron.com

Just worth a quick check on the net to see what issues are happening for others. Might be fixed and might be nothing but at least whenpurchasing you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    @Snowgrass
    I will look into this as a birthday present to the wife. I'll get back to you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Good as man.