Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Cooee

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: JOB

So it was you...

ok, been allot of days since i posted. one reply. talked to a few mates with kids who honestly cant give a F, its a serious job opportunity but i guess they all want stalinda utopia
    tetawa likes this.

Have you considered targeting older workers? Not sure what the pay is on offer but after being semi-strong-armed into a 12 hour shift routine.....which isn't going well for me....I and others are giving serious consideration to other employment. It is the kind of job that I and I believe others would love the opportunity to do but changing employment when you are quite deaf, over 65 yrs and still with a mortgage to pay for at least another year can present difficulties to both the employer and employee....

Cheers
    Phil
    Waldo Peens likes this.

@Phil_H, would this 12-hour pattern be at a certain housing/feeding/care facility?
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Peens View Post
    @Phil_H, would this 12-hour pattern be at a certain housing/feeding/care facility?
    Damn sure is Waldo......not the Big House.....though I have worked with you over there on a few occasions....you just don't remember.......sheesh....shows how memorable I must be

Cheers
    Phil
    Waldo Peens likes this.

Nom de Plume are always difficult to place
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Peens View Post
    Nom de Plume are always difficult to place
    Maybe if I changed my nom de plume to “Old Hunched Over Long Bearded Grumpy Fuck with a Bad Attitude” you may remember me more easily......actually I like that as a nom de plume.....mods, is that to long to use here on the forum?

Cheers
    Phil

just to give an update and the job is still available , several applicants. some from overseas, 3 have now cancelled pre interview with excuses like " too far to travel. not worth it, prefer my dole lifestyle)
    one i interviewed and he was an arrogant know it all c..t!
    the c.v's i have read i wonder if these people actually know the english language despite being educated here.
    Dusty Fog and Borris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    the c.v's i have read i wonder if these people actually know the english language despite being educated here.
    The don't teach english as school anymore, they do woke stuff like media studies, videography, etcetra.

Even in the 70s I learnt more english grammar studying german at school than I did in the english class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The don't teach english as school anymore, they do woke stuff like media studies, videography, etcetra.

Even in the 70s I learnt more english grammar studying german at school than I did in the english class.
    to give an example " i make coffe and mope the floor"
    FFS if you cab get ncea or whatever is nowadays with that .................

Cheer up, one shit CV may hide a capable person. I left a job a few years back that caused the owner some distress trying to replace me, CVs padded with bullshit, lazy bad attitude at interviews etc, then back to the CV pile and found one very poorly written one, gave the young fella a call and he is happy as larry there 3 years later
    Fawls, Phil_H, Strummer and 1 others like this.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

One of the best managers I ever had couldn't spell for shit. Everyone has different skills they bring to the table. There could well be a rough diamond in the mix. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    to give an example " i make coffe and mope the floor"
    FFS if you cab get ncea or whatever is nowadays with that .................
    Um, the irony there is unmistakeable. You appear to have the same android autofuckitup feature enabled on your device that I have!

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    One of the best managers I ever had couldn't spell for shit. Everyone has different skills they bring to the table. There could well be a rough diamond in the mix. Good luck!
    dislexic,,oops fuk cant spell

Forgotten but not gone
    I wouldnt target a young person - look at the older guy with a mortgage. He has a reason to turn up each day. and probably has a work ethic.
    Be more involved and less impressed.