Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Kahles Binos $1 Reserve on trademe, someone will get a bargain

  1. #1
    More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    1,144

    Kahles Binos $1 Reserve on trademe, someone will get a bargain

    $1 RESERVE Kahles 8x42 Binoculars | Trade Me

    Someone will get them cheap!!
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

  2. #2
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,829
    Was that your listing? Kinda annoys me a bit when I'm watching an auction then someone decides to come on here an shout it from the rooftops...
    TianBotha likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    496
    Was watching them..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Thames, Coromandel
    Posts
    442
    Wasnt before but watching them now ha ha.
    deer243 likes this.

  5. #5
    Member Timmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CNI
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Was that your listing? Kinda annoys me a bit when I'm watching an auction then someone decides to come on here an shout it from the rooftops...
    You realise this forum represents a tiny, tiny portion of trade me users right?
    dirtyhabit likes this.

  6. #6
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    You realise this forum represents a tiny, tiny portion of trade me users right?
    correct, but it represents a large group of people who would be interested in the product listed...
    burtonator, BRADS, Smartie and 1 others like this.

  7. #7
    Member Timmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CNI
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    correct, but it represents a large group of people who would be interested in the product listed...
    Your dreaming if you think this forum represents that in comparison to Trademes user base.

  8. #8
    Member specweapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tasman
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Was that your listing? Kinda annoys me a bit when I'm watching an auction then someone decides to come on here an shout it from the rooftops...
    It looks like burtonators famous freezer, so id say it is his listing
    burtonator and Nibblet like this.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    325
    Fucken internet aye spreading informatuin round the place...banish it😉😆

  10. #10
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Your dreaming if you think this forum represents that in comparison to Trademes user base.
    When have I said I think that? Part of the beauty of "getting a bargain" on trademe is that there may be an item that you are actively looking to purchase, whilst others are not. You find that item and keep an eye on it then someone goes and blasts it all over a forum, where there are members who may not necessarily need that item, but can't resist getting a bargain for the sake of getting a bargain. The watchers on that auction have gone through the roof since it was posted here. There was a similar situation with a scope not long ago that had only a day to go, someone saw it and posted it up here and all of a sudden there was people tripping over themselves bidding on it, in the end it actually went very near "brand new" price, which was probably a kick in the guts for people that had actively looked for that item and hoped to bid on it at a sensible price.

  11. #11
    Member Timmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CNI
    Posts
    2,411
    Mate, there's over 100 watchers on those binos.


    The only thing this thread has done is make it painfully clear other people know about "your" bargin.
    Pointer and deer243 like this.

  12. #12
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    It looks like burtonators famous freezer, so id say it is his listing
    Yeah that freezer has made many appearances.

    Wonder if he's ever sold anything not photo on top of it.

  13. #13
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Mate, there's over 100 watchers on those binos
    You're a genius
    Timmay likes this.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingcountry
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    When have I said I think that? Part of the beauty of "getting a bargain" on trademe is that there may be an item that you are actively looking to purchase, whilst others are not. You find that item and keep an eye on it then someone goes and blasts it all over a forum, where there are members who may not necessarily need that item, but can't resist getting a bargain for the sake of getting a bargain. The watchers on that auction have gone through the roof since it was posted here. There was a similar situation with a scope not long ago that had only a day to go, someone saw it and posted it up here and all of a sudden there was people tripping over themselves bidding on it, in the end it actually went very near "brand new" price, which was probably a kick in the guts for people that had actively looked for that item and hoped to bid on it at a sensible price.
    You can complain to T/M that he's also advertising elsewhere.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingcountry
    Posts
    1,809
    Have found the only "bargains are when they stuff up when listing in the wrong category or when they list for 1 day by mistake.
    Manu likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS : AR15 bits, $1 reserve on trademe
    By Glycerine in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-10-2015, 08:02 PM
  2. WTS: $1 Reserve EFX AR-15 Stock on TradeMe
    By Alonzo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-11-2014, 09:40 PM
  3. Whats your best Trademe Bargain?
    By Simon in forum Shooting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 24-05-2014, 10:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!