Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dale

Thread: Kahles helia ct 3-9x42

Kahles helia ct 3-9x42

Scope is as title, selling as I have no use for it at the moment

Scope has marks on the end of the scope body/no dents

Both front and rear lens have marks from wipeing it. Seems to have removed some lens coating??? Unsure but you cannot see the marks looking down the scope only when on it side

Looking for $750 Ono but please correct me on price if not realistic

Name:  89C25E8D-AE77-4F3A-BB10-D1CD60F960AD.jpeg
Views: 428
Size:  2.14 MBName:  67E02886-C055-4317-90E6-D58BD88910FA.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  2.18 MBName:  F7739523-6F4B-46B5-A6A5-A4D68E542056.jpeg
Views: 437
Size:  1.60 MBName:  7D49915F-1C6D-42BA-8D1D-385E0B3A3063.jpeg
Views: 421
Size:  1.59 MBName:  E22512FC-4404-44CF-B276-EA3334B402B6.jpeg
Views: 422
Size:  2.50 MB

Bump $650 ono

To be honest I would have to ask myself how much that damage to the lens coating is affecting it if sat beside an undamaged one in different scenarios? Maybe look into what it would take to have it sent to kahles for repair?
    I remember a nightforce being sold on here a while ago that had just come back from being repaired due to same problem, I think caused by owner "cleaning" it with windex or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    To be honest I would have to ask myself how much that damage to the lens coating is affecting it if sat beside an undamaged one in different scenarios? Maybe look into what it would take to have it sent to kahles for repair?
    I remember a nightforce being sold on here a while ago that had just come back from being repaired due to same problem, I think caused by owner "cleaning" it with windex or something similar?
    Getting it repaired is an option, however I am not the original owner of this scope. To me it’s more cosmetic then anything, but I do see how it would put people off buying it.

At least who ever buys it or not won’t need to worrie about putting new marks on it
    dansus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Getting it repaired is an option, however I am not the original owner of this scope. To me itís more cosmetic then anything, but I do see how it would put people off buying it.

At least who ever buys it or not wonít need to worrie about putting new marks on it

what reticle

Quote Originally Posted by crewe2 View Post
    what reticle
    Normal duplex

I have an old 4x36 kahles that I picked up for my .22. It has similar scratched lenses and despite that seems clear as a bell. Don't forget the inside lenses are coated and probably are just as if not more important than the out side. Probably cost more to repair than it's worth. Years ago I was hunting with someone using a leupold vx111 and I had a kahles. We sat beside each other looking at some goats with the sun low and behind us. I could see them but he could't see through his scope at all. We swapped and the same thing, he could see with my scope but I couldn't with his. Goes to show coatings are only part of the story , quality to start with makes a difference. Very likely hard to tell in most circumstances if the scratches on the out side really make any noticeable difference other than cosmetic looks. Mine now sits on the thompson from the .22 but if I could find a 2-7x36 scratches or not I'd be happy.