Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: Knoxx Axiom stock for Howa short action.

Knoxx Axiom stock for Howa short action.

I had this on trade me and lots of tyre kickers so thought if I am to lower the price then bugger trade me and give someone here a crack at it. I have copied details from trade me but the price is $400 (originally asking $470 and retailed at $750 so pretty fair I think, especially considering even a new Boyds will set you back $300 if you can get one.

And what it looks like fitted to a heavy barrel Varmint action.

This is an aluminuim Knoxx rifle stock for the BOLT action Howa rifles. It should also fit Weatherby Vanguards and Smith and Wesson model 1500. Note it is the stock only. The bottom image of the whole rifle is to show what it looks like when fitted up even with a bull barrel.

It fits the short action (not the mini action) so calibres included are 7mm08, 308, 243, 223, 22/250, 204 and a few others. It does not fit 270, 7mm Rem Mag, 30/06 or 6.5x55 etc which are the long action. I do know where there are a couple of Brand new barrelled actions in some of these calibres that could be sold as well.

No bedding required- bolt in your action and away you go. Add a 10 round removable mag and a huge scope and away you go.

It is the aluminium version and the fore end is ALL aluminium machined out of one piece. And this also leaves the barrel fully free floated and well ventilated

Being aluminium, it is not the lightest stock around and weighs in at 4 1/4 lb (or just under 2kg. )

The butt is a polymer recoil absorbing adjustable stock. It also has a clip on / clip off cheek rise for big scopes.

The primary recoil absorption is cantilevered through a strong main spring inside the pistol grip and the secondary in is the shaft on the butt itself.

These were $750 new and while this one is not new, it could easily pass as such because it is in such good condition.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please note, as this will only fit the bolt actions, it is definitely A-cat : suitable for hunting rifles on a normal license. There is NO semi auto action that will fit it and it is not E cat or restricted in any way. Made especially for Varmint or Long range rigs.

Last comment originally inseretd for admin muppets in case T'me officials thought it was E cat...

Also listed elsewhere but not via trade me anymore. If I cannot get $400 for it then I will keep it.

I am open to swaps or trades. Always looking for a new toy or project if there is one out there........
    WallyR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I am open to swaps or trades. Always looking for a new toy or project if there is one out there........
    Anyone? I dont really want to relist it on trade me but if I do it will be dearer.

Looks like it will be back on trade me Sunday........

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Looks like it will be back on trade me Sunday........
    Is the length adjustable like on AR stocks?
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    Is the length adjustable like on AR stocks?
    Yes. Same method as well. If you look in the top pictures you can see a small lever on the bottom of the butt shaft. This is the lever that operates the adjustment. The bolt head you can see is also the method to remove the butt itself to allow access to attach the rear half of the stock to the fore end.

Still for sale?

Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old but if I recall correctly you had this stock on Trademe just a few months ago for $350 start and $400 buy now, is this correct? If you still have it would you still be interested in selling it for $350? Thanks.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old but if I recall correctly you had this stock on Trademe just a few months ago for $350 start and $400 buy now, is this correct? If you still have it would you still be interested in selling it for $350? Thanks.

Matthew

Sorry mate. it sold.

I will have a check tomorrow as I might know someone else with one of the newer plastic fore end ones. I was selling it but I dont know if he still has it or whether he sold it too.

Walking my rifle
    @timattalon do you still import and sell boyds and other stocks? Need one for my 300 win mag howa.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieZAR View Post
    @timattalon do you still import and sell boyds and other stocks? Need one for my 300 win mag howa.
    Hi @NewbieZAR

While I dont import them at the moment, I think there may just be a long action Howa stock (Boyds) still sitting there. I will look later and see which action it is for. (It might be a short action but from memory it is for the 6.5x55 which is Long)

Walking my rifle
    cool @timattalon give me a PM if you know.
    Walking my rifle

@timattalon @NewbieZAR and if its a short action and Newbiezar doesn't want it I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by spada View Post
    @timattalon @NewbieZAR and if its a short action and Newbiezar doesn't want it I'm interested
    @spada

It was a long action, featherweight thumbhole in forest green, but I also found a short action one. It is black texture coat on a Boyds uncoloured laminate stock. Would be $350 if it was something you are after. Brand new and still in the box.

Walking my rifle
    Consider it sold! What other goodies do you sell?