Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By hamsav
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By Van2203
  • 2 Post By JD300
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Large Tent

Large Tent

Hey just seeing whats out there before buying new , after a 2 maybe 3 room tent with a awning was thinking along the line,s of canvas but open to suggestions , last tent we had was a freedom but it didnt like the southern wind,s much and snapped a few poles . Chur.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

My Dad has a 18x9 foot canvas tent, thats 9 foot ≤ mid section and a 4foot6 lean to thing on each end . Inc ground sheet ,also canvas . I would have to check it out as its been dry stored for 20 odd years . If it sounds like you ,lemmie know , its in Wanaka .
    Boaraxa likes this.
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

we have 2 room coleman dome job...hasnt had a lot of use as we bought camper..... plenty enough room for smaller family and fits queen airbed with ease in main room...2nd room classed as vestible but is really just another room....we have had this up in some serious wind....eg had poles bending down and smacking me on arse in bed...IF you peg them out correctly and do same with guy ropes they stand up to it rather well unlike the earlier models.
    have look on net and if interested let us know...its just sitting in storage gathering dust...
    Boaraxa likes this.

R93
    I have a Cabellas Big Horn III with a brand new stove for sale. Its a huge tent but you can put it up by yourself.
    Over 2k to land it here in NZ but selling under half price. You can get a vestibule or awning for them.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Boaraxa and Micky Duck like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

We have a zempire invert 8 tent. Used four maybe five times. It has three rooms which all can fit a double blow up mattress, got a small awning thingy and a groundsheet. Google for pics and more info.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Hey just seeing whats out there before buying new , after a 2 maybe 3 room tent with a awning was thinking along the line,s of canvas but open to suggestions , last tent we had was a freedom but it didnt like the southern wind,s much and snapped a few poles . Chur.
    Hey mate you want something flash? Or a take the boys hunting and not worry about the accomodation sort of thing?
    I have a two room like the one in this image its in great condition with a little fading and a small tear in one corner at the bottom which has never cause me an issue.
    Not perfect but cheap and good hahaha Name:  79188_934.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  48.8 KB
    Boaraxa and Micky Duck like this.

JD300..those are great...I used to put a huge warehouse tarp right over top and down to ground,bungy cord the rings down to pegs....double insulation,less noise from rain....keeps the willow grub poohs off the canvas....and during summer makes tent cooler and most importantly darker when trying to get kiddies to sleep.
    JD300 likes this.

Hey Thanks for the offers Guys the forum is great for this stuff iv got a tent on the way & looking forward to using it over the summer with the whanau .Cheers
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017