Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Barrel

Thread: Layout Blind

Layout Blind

The boys getting right into goose and pigeon shooting, so on the lookout for a blind. He got asked out again the other day so was a mad rush to find one, and had to lower ourselves to get a Buffalo River from GC. While ok, it won't stand the test of time, being to light in just about every area. Even so the 3 of them secured 67 geese before running out of light, so he's fizzing to get out again.
    Those of you who've used them will know what they're like so seeing if there's a better one lying around not being used. Eventually hoping to get into a Avery Finisher, but that's still a way off at this stage.
    Anyone used a H&F and what did you think.
    I'll get the popcorn out and reads what's best. (At least it's not a best caliber question)

I have an Avery Migrator laydown blind that I imported from US about 8 or so years ago when laydown blinds were just coming into vogue. I bought this model as it was the largest available at the time and I assembled it, lay in it a couple of times in the lounge and then hid it away under a bed and that is where it has stayed since so is still in new condition. I am not sure what it would be worth but if you are interested ring or txt me on 027 399 8220. Don't PM me as I am out of town during weeks. I am located in Oamaru South Island.
    oraki likes this.

I'm going out tonight with the boys and will ask them about it. Seems to be bigger than the Finisher. We're both vertically challenged, don't need anything large, and it'll be harder to conceal in the pdk.
    I'm just up the road from you so I'll be in touch at some stage

Anyone else got one gathering dust that might be abit smaller(midget) sizing.

I see the H and Fishing one advertised at $300, GHG Groundforce at $400, and Finisher at $550. I'll be having a look at them the next time I'm going past, but im thinking that the H&F one will only just be better quality than what I've already got, and the GHG would be fine for what we do

Still looking. Barrels one is in as new condition, which you'd expect since it hasn't been out, just to big for me
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...