Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sambnz
  • 1 Post By The bomb
  • 1 Post By Tentman
  • 1 Post By northdude

Thread: lee classic loader 308 and hornady g2 1500 electronic scale

lee classic loader 308 and hornady g2 1500 electronic scale

I'm afraid I am wanting to go to the dark side.
    So anyone got a lee classic loader 308 or hornady g2 1500 electronic scale they want to sell. Any of you fullas use theses? Or know the cheapest place to buy this stuff ? Anyone got a reloading book for a noob they want to pass on/sell/recommend.

Cheers

Probably got a lee classic loader I can sell ya. Will pm ya
    FatLabrador likes this.

If you’re really keen on wanting to reload save up and buy a rcbs rock chucker kit and a good set of dies
    The lee loaders are pretty rudimentary they are ok to chuck ammo together but the reason you reload is for accuracy reloading is no cheaper than factory now days so no point spending the money and time to chuck ammo together that may or may not be as good as factory ammo spend the cash and get a good set up so you can tune the ammunition to the rifle only then will you see benefit from reloading

If you are doing hunting ammo to reasonable ranges the lee classic loaders are fine,I have one and they produce ammo just as well as my press set up does.only downside is that they only neck size so brass from another rifle needs to be full length sized first.reloaders in Auckland have a few sets.
    northdude likes this.

You’d be better off with mechanical scales - a Lee loader and some decent mech scales and youre away laughing. Although some used .308 dies and a cheap press and you’ll be a bit more future proofed. It’s a slippery slope - sounds like you’re gone already,

Still gonna send that pm @sambnz?

If you don't hear from him I have a 308 Lee Loadall kit, $20 (plus $5 postage if you're not handy to Invercargill) and its yours. Don't be sucked in by any naysayers, the ammo you reload (somewhat slowly but still enjoyably) on one of these will be every bit as accurate as stuff done on anything but the most sophisticated gear. As someone pointed out, you are necksizing only, which is good for accuracy, but sometimes will give issues as the cases get fired several times or you chamber them in a another rifle. As 7x64 points out, a set of beam scales is the best possible addition to the Lee Loadall.

Cheers
    Foster

PS - as a bonus for those watching threads, while looking the 308 one out I also found I had a duplicate 257 Roberts Lee Loadall, $40 posted for that one
    northdude likes this.

as above some will say lee loaders and lee presses are shit but I use both and the ammo they both produce has nothing wrong with it and there is no difference at all with the accuracy ive done comparisons myself so can speak from real life experiance
    FatLabrador likes this.