Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cigar

Thread: Lee deluxe 243win dies

Lee deluxe 243win dies

Wanting to to buy some lee deluxe dies in 243 win, preferably the set in the yellow container with the collet neck sizer.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Wanting to to buy some lee deluxe dies in 243 win, preferably the set in the yellow container with the collet neck sizer.
    Cheers
    reloader supplies

Yep order online at www.reloaders.co.nz
    I’ll make it even easier
    https://www.reloaders.co.nz/shop/Rel...ter+90556.html

I think I got mine from Gunworks
    https://www.gunworks.co.nz/shop/item/243-winchester

I like the collet neck sizing die, and ended up buying a couple more for other calibres, they are easier and quicker than normal neck sizing dies (no lube needed).
    xtightg likes this.

Thanks for the info guys, but none of the above mentioned dies are the deluxe 3 die set which is what I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, but none of the above mentioned dies are the deluxe 3 die set which is what I'm after.
    @optio - the yellow box is the Ultimate 4 die set that includes the collet die. The 3 die set us the Deluxe Pacesetter set and doesn't include a collet die.

You can also order the collet die as part of the collet die set, though not many shops stock it in my experience.
    You're in luck: https://www.reloaders.co.nz/shop/Rel...ter+90956.html

If I were you I would buy this die on its own and get the Hornady Custom Grade 2 die set, mostly for the seating die, but the full length die will come in handy for sizing range pickups in a common calibre like this. The benefit of the Hornady is you can get multiple seating stems for them for different bullet profiles (in particular the super long skinny VLD type more common now) and also the micrometer seating adjustment upgrade. Once you've tried it you'll wonder why it isn't a standard feature!!!

If your budget is restricted at present then the Lee Ultimate 4 die is the answer as it also includes a shell holder - great value!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelisreal View Post
    @optio - the yellow box is the Ultimate 4 die set that includes the collet die. The 3 die set us the Deluxe Pacesetter set and doesn't include a collet die.

You can also order the collet die as part of the collet die set, though not many shops stock it in my experience.
    You're in luck: https://www.reloaders.co.nz/shop/Rel...ter+90956.html

If I were you I would buy this die on its own and get the Hornady Custom Grade 2 die set, mostly for the seating die, but the full length die will come in handy for sizing range pickups in a common calibre like this. The benefit of the Hornady is you can get multiple seating stems for them for different bullet profiles (in particular the super long skinny VLD type more common now) and also the micrometer seating adjustment upgrade. Once you've tried it you'll wonder why it isn't a standard feature!!!

If your budget is restricted at present then the Lee Ultimate 4 die is the answer as it also includes a shell holder - great value!
    There was a deluxe 3 die set that had a full length sizing die, collet neck die and seating die, but it looks like it has been discontinued.

Correct Cigar. I have 2 sets in different calibers, hence why I am asking hopefully someone on here has a set they don't use anymore.