Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By superdiver

Thread: Leupold VX5 HD 2-10 x 44 Fire Dot

Leupold VX5 HD 2-10 x 44 Fire Dot

As above in mint condition, like to swap if possible for a VX5 HD 3 - 15 x 44 Fire Dot in same or close condition.
    Seeing what's out there first before contemplating selling mine and going new(or second hand if available).
    Cheers

I really like my Loopy 2x10 FD on my Bush Pig ,l do a lot of my Sika hunting in thick scrub/jungle so the Fire Dot is great for both eyes open snap shooting & perfect for pig & goat hunting in scub as well,the 10x is plenty of magnification out to the 400 mtrs l limit my shots with it to.A couple of years ago it survived a dunk in the river where it was under water for probably a good 5 minutes while l pulled out old mate who went in head first with his pack rolling away in the current.

If you sell how much?
    Bill999 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    I really like my Loopy 2x10 FD on my Bush Pig ,l do a lot of my Sika hunting in thick scrub/jungle so the Fire Dot is great for both eyes open snap shooting & perfect for pig & goat hunting in scub as well,the 10x is plenty of magnification out to the 400 mtrs l limit my shots with it to.A couple of years ago it survived a dunk in the river where it was under water for probably a good 5 minutes while l pulled out old mate who went in head first with his pack rolling away in the current.
    Yeah is an awesome scope, it is on my SAUM superpig which in a slightly longer term go back to a longer unsurpressed barrel, so want a bit more top end mag.
    @superdriver - hadn’t though to hard about about a sell price, a new one is 2k, so trying to see if a 3-15 is about to minimise bridging any gap.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jono7 View Post
    Yeah is an awesome scope, it is on my SAUM superpig which in a slightly longer term go back to a longer unsurpressed barrel, so want a bit more top end mag.
    @superdriver - hadnít though to hard about about a sell price, a new one is 2k, so trying to see if a 3-15 is about to minimise bridging any gap.
    Cheers
    @jono7 Yeh good choice l went through & culled a lot of my rifles that were trying to do 10 things poorly & just built rifles suited to their main use ie Bush Pigs for my wife & l are 308 & 06 set up for 0-400 max & handle all our Sika,Red,Pig etc hunting in those ranges .

I have had a real Tahr bug for the last few years so my favorite Tahr & Chammy rifle for years now has been a 7mm SAUM with a Loopy VX-6HD 3-18x44mm, Illuminated T-MOA Reticle & CDS, & for open country Sika,Red etc hunting a Winchester Ext Weather in 270WSM with a NightForce ATACR F1 4-16x42 both just about perfect for my hunting & my Sako 300 Weatherby Mag for LR hunting runs a S&B PMII Ultrashort 5-20x50 P4FL all for my eyes offer plenty of Magnification without having to use a spotting scope so saving carry weight.

Hopefully someone will looking for a great versatile scope ,that can handle the rough stuff no problems for NZ hunting,keep in mind they are talking about another gun gear apocalypse if these new US Gun Taxes are tried to get passed through at the end of next month, so might pay to have a serious search.Good Luck
    Last edited by bunji; 09-03-2021 at 09:13 PM.