Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a Miruko Sporter

Starting out in Clay Shooting and have not decided on Trap or Skeet. Have been told Miroku Sporter is the way to go.
    If anyone has one for sale or knows of one please let me no and point me in the right direction.
    Cheers,

Can't help you except to say try as many different shotties as you can before you buy. For me a Miroku Mk10 "feels" better when I shoulder it but I actually shoot better with a Beretta 682. I actually brought a Beretta 687 in 20g
    If you're shooting clay sports then you will be looking for an O/U unless you like picking up empties and slowing everyone down
    Most guys are happy to let you try theirs at a few birds. Buying a gun that doesn't suit you is not a good way to make your scores go up.
    Last edited by mikee; 06-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks Mikee. Yes an U/O is the option I am going with and prefer, and I have been looking around for a while now. A couple of options on Trade Me. But with respect to trying before buying - Noted. Cheers.

I'd start bidding on this one. Miroku | Trade Me

He states its a grade 1, I seriously dought it with that grade of wood. My grade 1 had plain wood. It would be good buying if you got it for 2500 or less
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post

He states its a grade 1, I seriously dought it with that grade of wood. My grade 1 had plain wood. It would be good buying if you got it for 2500 or less

Nice gun, One mistake I did make was get barrels that I now find should have been longer. I got 28's and should have got 30 or 32s

As regards trying many guns first, you are gunna spend a lot so you need a gun you "get on with" according to one of my informal shooting coaches.

Personally think when you decide on Trap or Skeet you'll need to get an appropriate gun ,a sporter ain't going to do it for you.
    Get either a Trap or Skeet gun depending. Sporter is fine for Sporting clays or maybe field shooting but they're not designed for what you want.
    Gun control means using both hands

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post

Thats a 1/3
    Real good buying at under $2k

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    The biggest thing is getting a gun FITTED to you
    You can pick up anything and shoot - some will be closer than others, however a simple change in cast or drop will get that gun that 'doesnt fit you' fitting perfect

Mrs is headed out to see 'Gunner' this week to get her Skeet gun fitted 'properly'
    I just happen to shoot very well with it as it is LOL