Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Looking to see whatís these Leica items are worth so I can upgrade to HD-Bís

Looking to see whatís these Leica items are worth so I can upgrade to HD-Bís

Hey all.

I have been running seperate Leica Binoculars and Rangefinder for several years but the time has come to move these items on to someone looking for some quality glass and get myself an all in one unit such as HD-Bís

The Binoculars are Leica Geo-Vid BRF (in metres up to 1100m) the glass is still is good condition and there is usual wear on the housing.

Name:  8652A029-16AA-45A8-95FF-96313242D7E2.jpeg
Views: 516
Size:  3.75 MB

https://www.leica-store.co.nz/produc...8aAjMVEALw_wcB

The Rangefinder is a Leica Rangemaster 1000-R (angle compensating is EHR (equivalent horizontal range) function in both yards and metres, in excellent condition in carry case.

Name:  9AB52ACF-31F4-4138-93FC-4C34691D5DFD.jpeg
Views: 513
Size:  3.59 MB

Not sure of pricing as you donít see these binos come up for sale that often so happy to field offers at this stage. Maybe even do a deal if you purchase both. (Note does not come with badlands bino case)

Cheers

Lewy
    I laugh a the lor and pride of man, at the sophist schools and learned clan. For what are they all in high conceit, when man in the bush with god may meet?

Also, can someone please tell me if there is much difference except for the price tag and the ranging distance between the Geovid HD-R and the Geovid HD-B?
    I laugh a the lor and pride of man, at the sophist schools and learned clan. For what are they all in high conceit, when man in the bush with god may meet?

Iíd be interested if we can talk price , I would be keen on both ?
    Give me a bell and we can chat 0224120044

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lewy_louie likes this.

The real question is, why do you want the HD-Bs? And would the HD-Rs suffice?

There are essentially no new HD-Bs in the country. Only the .com enabled ranged finding binoculars. They are considerably more expensive than HD-Rs, and if you're not going to use the kestrel Bluetooth interface, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Daggers_187 View Post
    The real question is, why do you want the HD-Bs? And would the HD-Rs suffice?

There are essentially no new HD-Bs in the country. Only the .com enabled ranged finding binoculars. They are considerably more expensive than HD-Rs, and if you're not going to use the kestrel Bluetooth interface, why bother?
    Thanks for the info, having read a bit more about these I think the HD-R is all I really need to match what I’m currently doing with the two above items but all in one.

The HD-R's do not have an in-built ballistic calculator, whereas the HD-Bs do. The HD-B's will give a dial correction for multiple rifles, multiple loads. Same as having a custom turret for all your loads in all your rifles, or even if you just change projectiles. It is a significant step up in tech form the HD-Rs. The other benefit of the .com model is the bluetooth interface with your phone for setting up ballistic curves, not just the kestrel. Other brands have similar setups now, but of course Leica (arguably) have done it best.
    JoshC and Lewy_louie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bang View Post
    The HD-R's do not have an in-built ballistic calculator, whereas the HD-Bs do. The HD-B's will give a dial correction for multiple rifles, multiple loads. Same as having a custom turret for all your loads in all your rifles, or even if you just change projectiles. It is a significant step up in tech form the HD-Rs. The other benefit of the .com model is the bluetooth interface with your phone for setting up ballistic curves, not just the kestrel. Other brands have similar setups now, but of course Leica (arguably) have done it best.
    Thanks for your input Bang, appreciated. I will continue to do more research to work out what best suits my needs. Not really sure I need the option of multiple rifle loads saved to the unit. I generally just glass the animal, range the distance using EHR function, (and measure wind speed of any), then use these figures in my swaro optics app that’s set up for my scope. This method seems pretty accurate and works well for me. So maybe just the HD-R’s? Thoughts?

How much do you want for the rangefinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfern View Post
    How much do you want for the rangefinder?
    PM me, cheers.

I'm confused. Why again are you running separate Bino's and Rangefinder when your Binos are Rangefinder Binos (and in my humble opinion among the best RF Binos ever made)?
    vtkomene likes this.

And that's great, but the ballistic calculator in the HD-Bs is fairly limited in terms of functionality. It is limited to 600m and doesn't give ultra accurate solutions.

For the extra cost of the HD-Bs as opposed to the HD-Rs you could have a kestrel 5700 elite, the best possible ballistic calculator, and about $1000 left over.

I own a set of HD-Bs and I don't use the ballistic calc function.

Quote Originally Posted by Copelli View Post
    I'm confused. Why again are you running separate Bino's and Rangefinder when your Binos are Rangefinder Binos (and in my humble opinion among the best RF Binos ever made)?
    His binos are pure line of sight rangefinding (unless I have missed something) as the binoculars pictured are not the same as in the link he provided. From what I can see his binos show 10x42 on the eyepiece and not 10x42 R as shown on the link he provided.

I picked up some secondhand Geovids in 10x42 (measured in Yards) a couple of weeks ago for $1350 (dunno if that was good or fair price or not, but needed a pair ASAP, so paid it). I'm really impressed with them.

Nah save up for the new Leica HD-X. It has bluetooth trigger control and MeatCarry™ function
    6x47 likes this.

Sorry to get a bit grumpy .... but please review the rules in the sticky threads at start of this section. Seller must provide a price. The forum is not an auction site for fishing for offers. Since you've not listed a price I'll take them for $10 each.
    jakewire, Speill and vtkomene like this.