Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lots of gun parts on trademe

Lots of gun parts on trademe

Came across this listing on trademe while looking for something else. Clicked on his other listings and was amazed at the variety of parts and magazines he has listed. If you are looking for a hard to find magazine check him out. i know nothing about the seller and have not dealt with him but he has a large number of trades and good feedback so should be a honest enough trader. https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...8&bof=Hrg2Vq2c
    LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

I have bought from this seller once before and had positive experience.
    The description of shipping seems complicated, but my items arrived very quickly and was as described/expected.
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Bought off him previously, all good.
    MV37 likes this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Haven't brought off him but have asked questions on items he is selling, never received an answer yet. Seems to have minimum knowledge of the majority of the items he's selling

jdd
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Haven't brought off him but have asked questions on items he is selling, never received an answer yet. Seems to have minimum knowledge of the majority of the items he's selling
    I think it's an estate sale.

I have also been watching these for hard to find parts, and thought about posting some here, like when they listed a Colt 1903 Magazine for $20 or so.

Right now there's a ruger 10/22 bolt and 6 other random bolts for $25. (https://www.trademe.co.nz/3428658791). Except one of the other bolts (top left) appears to be a .22 pistol slide so unless you have a pistol endorsement I'd be careful.

Banned
    I agree - its an estate sale listed by someone who simply doesnt know. I guess grandad knew what all that shit was but none of it was labeled.

I've dealt with this guy before, and as you say I don't think he is a gun guy at all.
    There was an old gunsmith who recently passed away in Nelson, a guy I have dealt with in the past who's name eludes me ATM.
    Possibly this was some of his.
    I do know he had a shedload of 303 parts, be interesting to see if any of that comes to light.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    I agree - its an estate sale listed by someone who simply doesnt know. I guess grandad knew what all that shit was but none of it was labeled.
    He did have listed Browning BAR parts which he didn't know what he was selling, told him they should have been handed in during the "great buy back" he didn't answer but removed them.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Got some stuff of him. All pretty good but the combined freight grew a dollar but not a biggy.
    On some of his scope mount auctions you can see some matching rings that would be worth sorting out and pairing up

Awesome, stunning and original you would need to know yourself what he is selling.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
    tetawa and caberslash like this.

Yeah awesome alright.
    He had a No 4 adjustable aperture sight which he described as for a sporting rifle.
    Talk about a sleeper. It sold for 75 bucks which I thought was a tad cheap.
    He also invited comments to correct the description or provide a better description. What bidder would do that?

He also had a fired 50 BMG case with a belt clip still attached. His description was nothing like the real item.

I have given up looking at his listings - too hard/painful. The only issue is I might miss something of interest to me.
    tetawa, erniec and 6x47 like this.

Think he might be dreamin with this one

Name:  Dreamin.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  147.1 KB

Always feel a bit sad seeing estate clearances, especially when 'collection' or 'parts' lots come up. Clearly meant a lot to someone and it is a shame that the items didn't get moved onto another person with similar passion before the demise of the original owner.

If I keeled over tomorrow (hopefully a distant possibility) I worry where all my important stuff would go, hopefully to my shooting/hunting friends!
    oxfarmer, 40mm and Finnwolf like this.

Has some good stuff if you need specific things. Was looking at his Lever springs auction. But would be hit and miss if any were appropriate for my old miroku. I ended up making my own by sorcing dome spring steel and learning how to make them. Hstdedt part was reinstalling them.
    caberslash likes this.

I've bought from him, item was incorrectly described, sent back as agreed to refund, however 7 weeks later still no refund and ignores emails.