Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kscott

Thread: M14 NORINCO PACKAGE .......

M14 NORINCO PACKAGE .......

ok , so I just bought off a mate the gun city m14 package , you know the one, scope , bag, bipod , 2x mags suppressor .... the go for about $1500 or so , ... I only bought it off him to kinda help him out , ... I now want to swap/trade it for reloading gear to start my own reloading (of course) .... I want to reload 9mm pistol ammo , . so I would like a set up that can do it .... to be honest I know nothing about reloading , but I do know I want to learn , so was hoping someone out there would like to do a trade ... its in good condition , and the scope is just fine , and I set it up using a laser pointer , ...
    I will add pics when the light is back tomorrow , (the sun) .... synthetic stock ...
    cheers blair
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

I would say if you are reloading 9mm ammo, you would want a turret press. The Lee press would be a start but the Dillon is probably the optimum.

With the M305, how much gas wash comes out of the breach when you shoot it with the suppressor fitted. The one I had, put heaps of gas out of the breach with a lot of burning eyes. Not good at all. How does your one go.

SoL
    I didn't get too much faceblast using it suppressed eh. I'd been told to expect it but I wasn't an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

no face wash that I noticed , ..going to the range today to shoot it , will see , ....would be nice to swap for what I need , but if I have to stick it on TM (groan) then so be it , ....

^ good luck, don't forget to price it for what you $$ you want, not what you think it's worth.

FYI I discovered last year an ideal entry level 9mm reloading kit is a Square Deal from Dillon - Serious Shooters have them. V quick to set up, easy to run checks to make sure it's working to the right specs, then churn out rounds (I do them in batches of 100 rounds because that's how many primers you can hold at once). I have a spreadsheet for costs, have spent $957 on components, reloaded 3,090 rounds and got enough components left for another 800 or so. Talk to Serious, they *may* take a trade for the M14, might not be ideal but you might end up without the rifle you didn't want and the reloading gear you do want.
    stumpy likes this.

cheers guys , have given the boat anchor to a guy at my gun club , he will set me up with some gear !!! ...

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    cheers guys , have given the boat anchor to a guy at my gun club , he will set me up with some gear !!! ...
    Yep. They aren't light. Took the scope off mine and it shoots better. Strange as that sounds

SoL
    yeah people keep saying my guns are heavy as hell

I've got no comparison though so what do i know.