Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By mosinchap
  • 1 Post By gonetropo

Thread: M14 shorty

M14 shorty

This could be a touch optimistic, but will have a crack.

OK so partner and I have our C endorsement. Assuming we got that we may be able to get our P endorsement as collectors. Maybe a sporting exemption will eventuate as well but who knows. At this stage trying to locate someone with one of the M14 carbine.

Obviously we will have to go through the paperwork to procure with police if allowed but would rather ask now just in case there is someone out there that has one that would like to try rehoming it rather than it getting wrecked.

Not suggesting anything illegal just thinking, might not even be allowed to anyway. No harm in trying. If you have one pm me and we can go from there. Cheers 😊

You might need a dealers endorsement to do this and it seems they will go on P, not C.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    You might need a dealers endorsement to do this and it seems they will go on P, not C.
    That can be problem number 2. Problem number 1 is to actually find one first that someone wants to part with!

No harm in trying indeed. There's going to be some nice stuff go into the mincer
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    No harm in trying indeed. There's going to be some nice stuff go into the mincer
    Sadly yes... If I was loaded I would be trying to save a few history ones from it but things like Garands, Lgungmans and SVT40s are not pocket change. How anyone can feed something like that into a machine for destruction is beyond me. You don't have to be a firearms enthusiast to see that they are valuable pieces of history
    Tikka7mm08, Deetleaves and Dago like this.

The Aussies are drilling holes and welding up the stuff in museums just so they are not useable if stolen.

Well, the Aus is going the way of the UK, which is arresting people for having pointed sticks or trying to buy a butterknife without ID ... so that's just sad all round to hear that they lost their appeal for museum exemptions.

In regard to the M14, worth a shot, worst they can say is no. Might be worth casting your net wider and just open it up to 308's etc if you can't find someone who will sell their m14... though someone must be willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by canross View Post
    Well, the Aus is going the way of the UK, which is arresting people for having pointed sticks or trying to buy a butterknife without ID ... so that's just sad all round to hear that they lost their appeal for museum exemptions.

In regard to the M14, worth a shot, worst they can say is no. Might be worth casting your net wider and just open it up to 308's etc if you can't find someone who will sell their m14... though someone must be willing to give it a shot.
    theres a u.k minister that wants to make it compulsory to have kitchen knifes ground down so they dont have a point !!
    canross likes this.