Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    SoL

Marlin 60 22LR parts/broken gun needed

Hey there, looking for some specific bits from a detachable magazine Marlin 60.

Basically if you've got one where the barrel or bolt are shagged, I need the lower receiver and magazine to convert my tube mag 60 to a box mag 60.
    and if you've got an extractor claw handy that would also be of use.

cheers

A detach mag model 60 being a 795? Or is there a step between them?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Model 60s all tube magazine. There were some box mag semiautos before the 795 - eg the model 995 - and the 70HC and those parts would help Sol's mod.

Be hard to find though..
    Last edited by mudgripz; 21-02-2021 at 01:24 PM.

I saw an early mach2 discounted to $100 somewhere a while back, basically ammo was such a pain in the arse that he'd given up, and still no-one wanted it. No mag or I'd have bought it for spares at the time

SoL
    my mistake yeah the boxfed one did have a different designation

The 795 it is! The standard common box mag semiauto.

Having watched a few tutorials it's just a straight swap and much easier than I would have expected, makes me happy.

Good luck there.. let us know how you get on.

Just had a look at google to remind myself - yes the Marlin Mach2 was in the little 17M2 caliber. It was a semiauto called the model 717? but like other 17 cal semis at the time it was not a success - splitting cases etc.

Little M2 round largely gone now. Pity - I rather liked it - just a 22LR stinger case necked down to .17. Nippy little round but superceded by the 17HMR.

Had a 17M2 bolt action Savage briefly years ago but rifle was a dud. Anyone have or had the 17M2? How did they go? Still a few popping up now and then but ammo hard to come by..

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Good luck there.. let us know how you get on.

Just had a look at google to remind myself - yes the Marlin Mach2 was in the little 17M2 caliber. It was a semiauto called the model 717? but like other 17 cal semis at the time it was not a success - splitting cases etc.

Little M2 round largely gone now. Pity - I rather liked it - just a 22LR stinger case necked down to .17. Nippy little round but superceded by the 17HMR.

Had a 17M2 bolt action Savage briefly years ago but rifle was a dud. Anyone have or had the 17M2? How did they go? Still a few popping up now and then but ammo hard to come by..
    I knew of one shop that got the ammo in, special order, and it all went to one dude without hitting the shelf. No-one else got a look in, even if they asked/offered to pay up front etc. Was a very weird situation going on I thought, so gave the rifle a miss. Looking back, I wonder if that was their allocation from distributor or something