Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cooee Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Marlin 70pss (Papoose)

I have had mine so long I can't even remember when I bought it (new) but must have been early 90's .
    That's the only thing with those re the scope . Mine also has a very short 4x scope , maybe 6 inches long max , otherwise won't fit in the factory bag broken down .
    Apart from the last round bolt hold giving up the ghost it has been faultless and still as new condition . I wouldn't even want to try and guess how many rounds have been through it .....
    The only 22 I have used since I bought it . And still super accurate . We shoot clay shard remains at the range at 50+ mtrs for fun , just little orange dots in the scope ....
    Have another old blued bolt action Marlin also and in excellent condition which we use for the same game , make a competition out of it with the kids and the papoose is just as accurate as the bolt action .
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    I bought a blued Papoose back in about 1984, off Reloaders Supplies. Still have all the bits - the barrel spanner , the floating bag , the original box and swing tags and paperwork. Shot a shitload of possums with it - complete with silly little Tasco 4 x 20 scope .

Not for sale at all , just pointing out how long they have been out there
    When they first hit the market (1986), my brother was working in Wilkinson's Sports in Whangarei. He brought one home for testing. We fed it with every type of ammo we had, sub's, standards, supers, super-supers, and it never missed a beat. We burned through all of our odds and sods mixed ammo trying to get it to jam - never jammed once. I bought it. The original model never had the bolt hold open lever.
    I sold mine about 5 years ago as I needed the space in the gun safe. Was a dumb decision

Logan H likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesyd View Post
    This rifle doesn't have the original barrel, might be still a good buy. Check ?s

I’ve just purchased one of these. Yet to show up in the post. As far as I can tell it was manufactured in 1987. My question is will modern magazines fit this rifle?
    Cheers

Mags no problem to buy and to my knowledge the same mags as most models .
    born to hunt - forced to work

Mags shouldn't he a problem although the smaller capacity Papoose 7 shot mag may not be as available as the larger 795 mag.

Amongst my mags that I use for my 795 I have an older 7 shot Papoose mag. There is no discernable difference to my 10 shot 795 mags aside from the smaller capacity. I actually quite using like the 7 shot.

The specs for the Papoose show it as a 7 or 10 shot mag capacity.