Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Meat mincer

Meat mincer

Got a mate looking to buy a mincer for venison offcuts, hes currently using a George Foreman one, buts its a toy. Any ideas or recommendations, or anyone got one for sale ?

Check out DeeGees catering in Hamilton.
    Overkill is still dead.

we have so far,killed a George forman one(the screw that holds the cutting head against body slogs out allowing whole head to move away from power unit) a kanbrook mixer...just stopped....and now on a KMART $60 special......have used a heavy duty one on mates farm...square box about 30cm all round it was great and powerful but 10x the price of a cheap one.....Im told the supercheap auto one that comes on side of bandsaw is awesome,but you ned to put a cover over the saw blade while using mincer to prevent accident..... one thing for sure,they all beat using hand mincer...and even they will do all offcuts from a fallow in 30-45minutes.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

This is what I've used for the past 2 years, no issues at all, and cheap at $150. Also has a sausage making attachment but haven't tried that...yet.
    https://www.headchef.co.nz/1200w-mea...RoCbvEQAvD_BwE

aimless...looking at the picture,its very similar to the george foreman one....the bit to watch is the screw/bolt that holds the stainless bit against the body of machine(grey n white sharshapped knob),its just a rounded end bolt,slotting into a shallow circular depression in shaft...hopefully yours lasts the distance.

Had a really good run with Hakka engineering from Zeropak NZ. Plenty of cheap spare parts locally (plates, blades) lithium grease filled gear box and full stainless components.
    I’m sure Zeropak will chime in here if they see the post.
    I’ve got the TC12 and it’s plenty for the home use and don’t have to worry about feeding it too fast, which I think you have to be weary of if you go down to the TC8.
    Customer service has always been top notch as well.

Have a Kambrook 1400W and it goes fine

Look at a Reber. Italian machine that will do all you ask and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for all the great advice, i have passed onto my mate

Quote Originally Posted by deer4u View Post
    thanks for all the great advice, i have passed onto my mate
    I can arrange an ex demo machine at a good price. Got your PM, replying now.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

thanks for your help zeropak, much appreciated

Watched the video of the Zeropak fellas using their TC-8 and it certainly looks like it makes easy work of things.
    I'll keep borrowing the mate's missuses kenwood cake mixer mincer until I can afford one of those or a Luvele one from Aussie, apparently they go well too.

Watched the video of the Zeropak fellas using their TC-8 and it certainly looks like it makes easy work of things.
    I'll keep borrowing the mate's missuses kenwood cake mixer mincer until I can afford one of those or a Luvele one from Aussie, apparently they go well too.

Can anyone explain the wattage differences between the kitchen appliance jobbies and the bigger semi commercial mincers
    I’ve got the TC12 that states 550W but then there’s the Kenwoods etc that say 1800 W etc. How does that work? Is it just clever advertising? I know for a fact mine will eat any of the kenwoods etc but just curious around the stated wattage.
    CBH Australia likes this.

the kmart special runs ...twice??? as fast as the others,it chucks the mince out the other end....when finished I normally run either couple of bits of crusty bread or a carrot through to push last bit of mince out...this thing threw minced carrot out past catching bucket onto kitchen floor...I was much impressed,Mrs...not so much..lol
    ando2506 likes this.