Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Meat mincer

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    Can anyone explain the wattage differences between the kitchen appliance jobbies and the bigger semi commercial mincers
    I’ve got the TC12 that states 550W but then there’s the Kenwoods etc that say 1800 W etc. How does that work? Is it just clever advertising? I know for a fact mine will eat any of the kenwoods etc but just curious around the stated wattage.
    Hi @McNotty. I can give you the basic rundown on what goes on with the Wattage rating. Basically there are 2 types of rating. Continuous power (wattage) and peak power. The high ratings you see on domestic machines are a peak power rating the wattage on the Hakka/ZeroPak machine is continuous power. The continuous power output of the machine is what (no pun intended) really matters. Peak power is in my opinion smoke and mirrors. There may be some clever electrician who can elaborate on my summary but I am pretty sure that covers the difference laymans terms.
    Joe_90, RV1 and CBH Australia like this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the kmart special runs ...twice??? as fast as the others,it chucks the mince out the other end....when finished I normally run either couple of bits of crusty bread or a carrot through to push last bit of mince out...this thing threw minced carrot out past catching bucket onto kitchen floor...I was much impressed,Mrs...not so much..lol
    A faster rpm on a mincer is not always a good thing (apart from annoying the missus) slower rpm does not create heat as much as a faster rpm. The heat will be transferred to the meat which can be a bad thing particularly if you are then going on to make sausages. The cooler the mix the better.
    Moa Hunter and CBH Australia like this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    A faster rpm on a mincer is not always a good thing (apart from annoying the missus) slower rpm does not create heat as much as a faster rpm. The heat will be transferred to the meat which can be a bad thing particularly if you are then going on to make sausages. The cooler the mix the better.
    yip I hear you on that one..... its not silly fast....... could be interesting stuffing sausages all the same LOL.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Here's my one from Dee Gees. About thirty years old now.
    Just done 25 kg in 14 minutes. Name:  20220626_133913.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  4.34 MB
    Quicknock likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

FOX
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    I can arrange an ex demo machine at a good price. Got your PM, replying now.
    Hi mate just checking if he took you up on your offer, if not I'm pretty keen.

https://www.brianmillenauctions.co.n...0-unger-mincer

Everest mincers are very good, not cheep but if you do enough of it they are worth it. They use a double cut system.