Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Meindl makalu pro size43 brand new

Brand new unworn with tags/box , these dont feel wide enough for me, swap for similiar boot same size but wide!Name:  13B5B35D-EAF5-44A2-A137-E7EC9BA3531B.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  1.55 MB

They look more like Burma Pro than Makalu ??
    Whats the inner sole measurments (width at widest part)
    Last edited by Sarvo; 25-10-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Box says makalu pro 3000. Inner sole width is 93mm which is weird because my old lowa tibet wides which fit really well also measure 93mm? Perhaps im being paranoid and they will wear in?

Quote Originally Posted by savage270 View Post
    Box says makalu pro 3000. Inner sole width is 93mm which is weird because my old lowa tibet wides which fit really well also measure 93mm? Perhaps im being paranoid and they will wear in?
    I thought the Makalu Pro had a higher Rand - might be differnet in Europe
    93 is not wide fit - 95 - 97 is
    Maybe the top of these Meindl are more low (less hight for foot) that the Tibet

I have found out (and you could have bought a pair of Tibets but I told you they were not Wide - but the are as it has turned out
    Bloody NZ marketing propaganda - which I of all people should have been more wisen too

Though it was bloody odd how all the Military Euro boots I have sold (more than a 100 pairs) have fiited width wise not a problem (as long as the length was correct)
    Non of the boots (Meindl - Lowa - La Sportiva etc) that I get in from East Europe state W or Wide on them - but a Tibet 9 or 9.5UK has a 95-97mm inner sole width
    Must be a trick to limit overseas purchasing from all the internet Hunters

Pic doesnt show the rand very well , theyre definately makalu pros with the high rand. My lowa tibets are wides bought from germany so nothing to do with nz marketing? Meindl do the island pros in wide fit. I should have got those instead. The inner soles on my tibets are exactly the same size as these meindls also even though the lowas are half a size bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by savage270 View Post
    Pic doesnt show the rand very well , theyre definately makalu pros with the high rand. My lowa tibets are wides bought from germany so nothing to do with nz marketing? Meindl do the island pros in wide fit. I should have got those instead. The inner soles on my tibets are exactly the same size as these meindls also even though the lowas are half a size bigger?
    You (and most others) are not understanding my point.

You state " My lowa tibets are wides bought from germany so nothing to do with nz marketing?"

But you said they are 93mm wide - that is standard for a 43 Euro Boot - a 44 will be 95mm
    My point is - I have sourced more than 150 boots (90% used) out of Europe and not one pair have a W or a WXL or the word "Wide" on the label/tag
    Yes - the Lowa's you had come out to NZ from German supplier was probably destined for retailer here anyways - its not hard/difficult to change labels to fit the market/demand.

What pisses me off I was sucked in by it and told heaps of you on here and elsewhere "sorry guys can't get the W models - da :-(
    I have New Tibet's (43 and 44) if you sell the Makalu - can you not return them - they still have tags attached ??

I imported the makalus in from a store in the netherlands, so no return. I also imported in the lowas from a retail store in germany. My understanding (guess) of the wide variety is there is more leather in the front of the boot to accomodate wide feet not the actual sole. Not sure if i have worded that very well. 2 seconds on google also shows wide variants of lowa tibets / meindl islands overseas also? All i know is the lowa wides i bought fit , the meindls dont- with the same inmer sole size

$530 posted