Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Minox spotting scope MD 50W

I want a new gun so re-prioritising some of my gear.
    I bought this off Redbang who brought it in from the states, it has been on one walk with me to look at some tahr and to a long range shoot so in as new condition. Just wanting to recover what it cost
    $300

copied its specs off someones trade me add...

This ultra-portable spotting scope is perfect for travel anywhere. Weighing in at just 615 grams and sporting a 16x to 30x Zoom optical system and precision mechanics, the new MINOX MD 50 W is a spotting scope to have with you at all times. It's rugged enough to take travelling too, with a rubber armoured coat.

Bird watchers in particular value more and more the advantages of a high quality telescope which is still compact enough to carry in a backpack or luggage when traveling. The new MINOX spotting scope can be an excellent supplement to binoculars if a higher magnification is required.

Even with a 50 mm aperture the MD 50 W provides bright enough images to use at full power in daylight. For high light transmission and contrast the objective lens features the Minox multi-layer M* coating. The MD50W also has an extremely close focus range making it a real pleasure to use from just five meters from your subject right through to infinity. The angled eyepiece provides a more relaxed stance during viewing.

The sturdy but lightweight body protects the precision mechanics and optics against damage in normal use. Rubber armoring ensures good to grip and provides added protection as it is also dustproof and watertight to a depth five meters. Nitrogen filling on the inside prevents corrosion and fogging caused by condensation, even with extreme temperature fluctuations.

The MINOX MD 50 W is supplied with a nylon ever-ready.
    •Magnification: 16x ~ 30x

•Front lens diameter: 1.97 inch / 50 mm

•Exit pupil: 3.13 mm ~ 1.67 mm

•Field of view: 47 m ~ 33 m at 1000 m Angle of view: 2.7° ~ 1.9°

•Eye relief: 15 mm ~ 11 mm

•Close focus: 5 m

•Twilight factor: 28.3 ~ 38.7

•Operating temperatures: -10° up to +40° C

•Waterproof: down to 5 m

•Dimensions: 213 x 63 x 123 mm

•Weight, approx: 615 g

•Features: Nitrogen fill, M*-multicoating, swivel tripod connection