Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By 708AISam
  • 1 Post By S.E.G
  • 5 Post By 708AISam
  • 2 Post By 300wsm for life

Thread: Muzzle brakes

Muzzle brakes

Hi guys I've bought some muzzle brakes in from China to modify for some mates so thought I'd offer some on here, I have run them on my rifles and they do as good job as a dpt directional as far as I could feel. I bring them in as 22 cal 1/2x28 but can open them up to any calibre you need and can do them in most threads, $70 plus postage.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Hunter_killer likes this.

Ive tried one of thes Chinese jobs. looks just like these ones on my 270 wsm to me it worked just as well as my terminator
    Oh bless the internet, it gave every fuk tard & idiot a voice

Quote Originally Posted by 708AISam View Post
    Hi guys I've bought some muzzle brakes in from China to modify for some mates so thought I'd offer some on here, I have run them on my rifles and they do as good job as a dpt directional as far as I could feel. I bring them in as 22 cal 1/2x28 but can open them up to any calibre you need and can do them in most threads, $70 plus postage.
    Hmm, I donít need it, but I want it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Dicko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by S.E.G View Post
    Not bad at all when you add gst to the price then pay somebody to modify them, most machine shops will be around $100 an hour, don't like it don't buy one but go an find a brake cheaper in anything but 5/8x24 or 1/2x28 or do you work for free?

I believe it's pretty reasonable to expect someone to make money on these. Hopefully people take you up on this.
    mikee and 708AISam like this.

Can you do one in 6.5mm 15x1? Do you have a crush washer or similar to time it?

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Should be able to, hafta check if my threading bar will fit as I don't have a tap 15x1 yet, ill have a look when I get home an let you know.

Cheers Sam

Don't have a crush washer sorry I usually time them to the rifle when I fit them, could do a jam nut for a bit extra but they look a bit ugly, if you know somebody with a lathe it's a 10 min job to time it.

ckp
    Not bad at all when you add gst to the price then pay somebody to modify them, most machine shops will be around $100 an hour, don't like it don't buy one but go an find a brake cheaper in anything but 5/8x24 or 1/2x28 or do you work for free?
    You should immediately lower the price to bugger all. HOW DARE YOU try to make a profit.

And woe betide you if you raise an eyebrow when some dude charges $120 per hour to do
    some stuff on your car or fix a plumbing or electrical or building or legal issue or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ckp View Post
    You should immediately lower the price to bugger all. HOW DARE YOU try to make a profit.

And woe betide you if you raise an eyebrow when some dude charges $120 per hour to do
    some stuff on your car or fix a plumbing or electrical or building or legal issue or some shit.
    Haha yea some people just don't appreciate other people's time, think they should do everything for nothing or bugger all, It bugs me when people buy somthing for $3 an try flick it on here for $20 without doing anything but I thought my price was pretty fair since most people on here don't have access to machine tools to modify them themselves but S.E.G seems to have taken it upon himself to troll my posts with that crap, probably the kind of person that complains when the plumber charges a callout fee.

Haha yea some people just don't appreciate other people's time, think they should do everything for nothing or bugger all, It bugs me when people buy somthing for $3 an try flick it on here for $20 without doing anything but I thought my price was pretty fair since most people on here don't have access to machine tools to modify them themselves but S.E.G seems to have taken it upon himself to troll my posts with that crap, probably the kind of person that complains when the plumber charges a callout fee.
    If he thinks the Plumber cost a lot wait till he gets a boat. Mind you some companies set their charge out rates/pricing to weed out the jobs they don't actually want!

Not trolling just offering an alternative view, like I said not a bad mark up for a 1/2x28 muzzle brake.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    I can do a 15x1 thread but because I don't have a tap I wouldn't want to without having your rifle to fit it to sorry. I have a 15x1 tap on the way but it won't be here for a few weeks.