Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 5 Post By Tararua Phil
  • 1 Post By Tararua Phil
  • 2 Post By riflegus
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By JoelA
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Tararua Phil
  • 1 Post By Waldo Peens
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 3 Post By JoelA

Thread: New rifle set up

New rifle set up

Hey team,
    So after downsizing because of a house move, I am now finally allowed to set up my "one centrefire / do it all" rifle.
    So thought I'd take a look and see if anyone was wanting to move something on before I buy new.

Ideally looking stainless, 308 or similar. Really like the look of the Bergara extreme hunters -but imagine they are too new to have many on the second hand market. Would be a bonus if rifle was suppressed, and could be interested in complete package (scope included) but more likely to purchase the scope seperately.
    Cheers,
    Joel

Hi LoelA,
    I have a Howa model 1500 stainless 308 complete with over barrel suppressor, currently with a Leupold 3.5-10x50 scope in good order having only fired about 30 rnds through it......$1650
    An unfired camo Mossberg Patriot 308 with muzzle brake, fluted barrel & bolt, with a picatinny rail (no scope). both rifles can come with ammo.............................................. ..........$850
    or a Howa stainless in 6.5 Creedmore with scope mounts in good condition with a box of Hornady match ammo.............................................. .................................................. ....$900
    Pm me if anyone's interested.
    Cheers,
    Phil.

Here's some photos as per request.
    Phil.

Name:  DSCF1087.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  3.69 MBName:  DSCF1088.JPG
Views: 467
Size:  3.50 MBName:  DSCF1089.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  3.88 MBName:  DSCF1090.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  3.87 MB
    Micky Duck likes this.

Name:  20211211_135140.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  1.76 MB

As new christensen mesa 6.5 crd if interested.
    (Suppressor not included)
    viper and Barnes130 like this.

What’s your budget? I may have a tikka widelands camo 7mm rem mag, Hardys suppressor and Burris veracity 3-15x50 scope up for sale for the right price.. pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan85 View Post
    What’s your budget? I may have a tikka widelands camo 7mm rem mag, Hardys suppressor and Burris veracity 3-15x50 scope up for sale for the right price.. pm me if interested
    Thanks Ryan, 7mm RM is a bit more powerful than needed for my mostly bush hunting! And that sounds like it would probably be top end of budget. Thanks for that though.

you would do a lot worse than Danny B s .30/06 lupo that has just come up forsale....a true one gun to do it all...super accurate,and the option to buy components enough to last for quite some time isnt to be sniffed at....you said .308...well this is its big brother even betterer lol @JoelA have at it.
    dannyb likes this.

you would do a lot worse than Danny B s .30/06 lupo that has just come up forsale....a true one gun to do it all...super accurate,and the option to buy components enough to last for quite some time isnt to be sniffed at....you said .308...well this is its big brother even betterer lol @JoelA have at it.

Ahh.. if funds could stretch that far it looks great, however cant afford $2.5k on rifle alone unfortunately! Great looking gun though.
    dannyb likes this.

that howa shown above is ideal...Ive just come back from farm after sighting in 4 rifles after playing musical scopes....the howa .270 needed 6 shots to be on the money..that was 2x3 shot groups and neither group was bigger than 3/4" and that was using dirty old highland 130 grn loads....the triggers are very nice indeed and the hogue stock works well...too simple to remove tiny bit of rubber at muzzle end of forestock in barrel channel..end of any issues you hear about from bipod or not useage.... great rifles.
    Waldo Peens likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tararua Phil View Post
    This is the Mossy 308.Name:  DSCF1093.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  3.58 MBName:  DSCF1091.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  3.53 MBName:  DSCF1092.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  3.68 MBName:  DSCF1094.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  3.91 MB
    Hope it helps,
    Cheers,
    Phil.
    Micky Duck likes this.

@JoelA, have you seen the post for @dannyb Benelli Lupo? That would be about as near a 'one-to-do-it-all' as can get
    Micky Duck likes this.
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Peens View Post
    @JoelA, have you seen the post for @dannyb Benelli Lupo? That would be about as near a 'one-to-do-it-all' as can get
    Yeah he has but it's a bit out of his budget.....I'm gonna have to start paying commission the way guys on here are recommending my rifles
    Micky Duck, Waldo Peens and JoelA like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Have been sorted with a 308 Remington Model 7 courtesy of @matagouri. Looking forward to receiving it! Cheers for all the help guys. @Tararua Phil those Mossberg Patriots can be really good value, have seen several that had excellent accuracy. I'm sure itll go at that price!
    Micky Duck, Waldo Peens and dannyb like this.

Cheers no worries.
    Phil.